Dr Tim's one and only - dose

Bonsai reef

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 30, 2019
Messages
320
Reaction score
309
Location
Dallas
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

My new 24g nano cube in week 1 cycle (dry rock + live sand) + ghost feeding. How much of Dr. Tim's one and only Live Nitrifying Bacteria should I use to kick start? Label says 2 caps / 10g. Should I use ~4 caps? And when should i use it next time?
 
Welcome to R2R!

2 caps for 10gal
4 caps for 20gal

I would use 5 -5 1/2 caps full for your tank, you really can not overdose the stuff really.
All you will do is add extra bacteria.
I added the amount for my tank, and then added a little more three days later. (I used Fritz turbo start) it's basically the same stuff.
 
I seeded all 3 tanks using Dr Tim’s. Bought enough for each tank and had fish swimming in there 48 hours later.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new