Dragon Soul Torch Receding / Dying

Mercury2234

New Member
View Badges
Joined
May 8, 2024
Messages
22
Reaction score
5
Location
Dallas
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone - I purchased a dragon soul torch almost 6 months ago, but started to have issues on the last two months. The tentacles are significantly receded and I’m starting to see the skeleton of the coral. It’s been slowly deteriorating for several weeks.

No significant changes to my tank, and my parameters seems to be mostly fine as my other corals which includes SPS, clams, etc., are thriving. I also did an ICP test which seemed to be in line with previous tests.

Two weeks ago I moved the torch to the side of the tank where there’s less flow and less light (~150 PAR) but still no improvement. It was previously around ~210 PAR.

Do you think it may be flatworms or something else? I was planning to dip with Coralx over the weekend.

Thanks in advance for your time and support.

Tank size: 62g lagoon
Temp: 78F
Salinity: 35 PSU
Alk: 8.5
Phos: .015
Nitrate: 7-8
Calcium: 458
Mag: 1430

IMG_5419.jpeg IMG_5416.jpeg
 
I am also curious to know if your torch pulled through!
 
Unfortunately it did not make it. I dipped with CoralX in case of any bugs, but it died shortly after.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.7%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 13.2%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 10 26.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.3%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 18.4%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new