DREAM FISH: You finally we're able to do it!! Tell us about it!

Do you have your dream fish swimming in your tank right now?

• Yes I have my dream fish

Votes: 80 16.9%
  • No I don't have my dream fish but hopefully one day

Votes: 221 46.6%
  • I don't have any dream fish

Votes: 70 14.8%
  • I have many dream fishes yet to own

Votes: 103 21.7%

• Total voters

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
One of the best parts of saltwater reef aquariums are the beautiful exotic fish that swim in and out through the rocks and corals. They make your reef tank come alive with movement and color. I don't know about you but for me there has always been "dream fish" or the fish that you wish you could house but can't due to various reasons. Could be cost, could be tank size but most of the time I feel like it has to do with being able to keep that certain fish healthy and thriving. So let's talk about that today! I want to hear success stories and how you made it work!

1. What is a dream fish that you were FINALLY able to add to your tank and KEEP it healthy?

2. What changed or how were you able to make the leap from DREAM to REALITY?

3. What is a DREAM fish that you currently don't have but would like to have one day?

Photo Credit @Lemon Tyk Paracheilinus hemitaeniatus, the Madagascan half-striped flasher wrasse
1.jpg

Jon Fishman

Cleveland Ohio, buy/sell local!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I almost bought that wrasse black friday, but had no top....... and now I have a top...... go figure.

I don’t have “dream fish”. I really don’t care about the fish much. I got ones with unique shapes/slow swimmers etc. But if I just dumped 30 damsels in my tank to create coral food, that would be fine too

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I just found my fish.... not to say it is my dream fish , but rather one on my wish list (Chevron tang, which is very hard to find right now) - Lucked out
1576687792573.png

S2G

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1. What is a dream fish that you were FINALLY able to add to your tank and KEEP it healthy?

Emporer angel so far so good

Financial and time. Everything fell apart around 07 for me and it took awhile to get settled enough to take on a bigger sw tank.

3. What is a DREAM fish that you currently don't have but would like to have one day?

A full grown zebra eel. Im really not sure if I want to go over a 300g though.

Pomocanthus_imperator_facing_right.jpg zebraMoray.jpg

stanleo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A mandarin goby and I think I am finally ready for one. My system is full of a thriving microfauna population. I am on the look out but I am still hesitant because I don't have a QT set up yet. I am starting my basement fishroom build after the New Year so hopefully in a few months I will have it ready and can get one. If I see a healthy fish though at the LFS I might pull the trigger though.

Eryeal

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A mandarin goby and I think I am finally ready for one. My system is full of a thriving microfauna population. I am on the look out but I am still hesitant because I don't have a QT set up yet. I am starting my basement fishroom build after the New Year so hopefully in a few months I will have it ready and can get one. If I see a healthy fish though at the LFS I might pull the trigger though.

One of the first fish in my tank, put in after only about 12 weeks since setup. No problems, growing and thriving!

Tony O

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of the best parts of saltwater reef aquariums are the beautiful exotic fish that swim in and out through the rocks and corals. They make your reef tank come alive with movement and color. I don't know about you but for me there has always been "dream fish" or the fish that you wish you could house but can't due to various reasons. Could be cost, could be tank size but most of the time I feel like it has to do with being able to keep that certain fish healthy and thriving. So let's talk about that today! I want to hear success stories and how you made it work!

Photo Credit @Lemon Tyk Paracheilinus hemitaeniatus, the Madagascan half-striped flasher wrasse
1.jpg
DA55C3D6-9E51-4956-96DD-5DF884600D44.jpeg

jdstank

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Achilles and PBT

A big enough tank to keep multiple tangs happy

Love Sohal’s but would have to give up my tang gang (Achilles, PBT, Purple, 2 Spot) to keep a Sohal.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 24 15.3%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 75 47.8%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 50 31.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.5%
Back