DREAM FISH: You finally we're able to do it!! Tell us about it!

Do you have your dream fish swimming in your tank right now?

• Yes I have my dream fish

Votes: 80 16.9%
  • No I don't have my dream fish but hopefully one day

Votes: 221 46.6%
  • I don't have any dream fish

Votes: 70 14.8%
  • I have many dream fishes yet to own

Votes: 103 21.7%

• Total voters

Bruce17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That would be an electric blue lighting maroon. It is not real.
I thought with the way there’re inventing clownfish, that someone managed to find a way to make a blue one. It does look nice though and would be pretty cool to own one that colour

Dempsey941

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought with the way there’re inventing clownfish, that someone managed to find a way to make a blue one. It does look nice though and would be pretty cool to own one that colour
Yea it was from an April fool’s post from a vendor here. Interestingly enough when I googled this photo there were some articles about clownfish breeders starting to pull a blue color out of snowflake clowns.

Bruce17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea it was from an April fool’s post from a vendor here. Interestingly enough when I googled this photo there were some articles about clownfish breeders starting to pull a blue color out of snowflake clowns.
That’s insane on how they can do all these things. I hope they can captive breed more tangs, angels and maybe one day, some anthias as well

CoralReefer2110

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow!!!! That’s the look that I’m looking for from the anthias when it comes time to add fish to my tank. My display tank is 205 gallons. How big is yours?
As for not adding new tangs, that makes complete sense. If they’re all getting along fine, why jeopardize that by adding 1-2 more tangs. You have a beautiful tank. I would love to see more photos of all your fish

Hey Bruce,
Yeah, That's exactly where my head is at. I would love to actually add a bunch of wrasse. I had hoped to have a harem of Hawaiian flame wrasse by now. They have the right colors and chill nature (typically) but have reached that point where I am not gonna push it.
My display is 700 gal but maybe more important is fact it is 10 feet long with a lot of rockwork to help the swim lanes and flow which is so vital so some of those tangs doing well long-term. I've also got another 300-400 gal in TWV with the sump/fuge/etc.. so that brings the TWV to closer to 1000-1100.
My build link shows all of that and also has a few clips of the fish - which you've asked for. Sadly I've lost a lot of the coral you see in that pic after switching from a dosing system to a CA RX. Things are on the mend but my corals took a beating. The fish however are doing great.

Hope your tank is excellent as well. A 205, is that a 6 foot? That's a good size for keeping tangs. I avoid the TANG POLICE at all cost so I never offer advice or pretend to be an expert of any kind but my experience over the last 20 years or so has been that a 6foot tank (or more) is when they really do well. It's just hard to provide them enough flow, swimming room, and nutrient export in a tank much smaller than that (long-term).

Again, only my humble opinion. Best wishes!
Cheers,
Andrew

Bruce17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Bruce,
Yeah, That's exactly where my head is at. I would love to actually add a bunch of wrasse. I had hoped to have a harem of Hawaiian flame wrasse by now. They have the right colors and chill nature (typically) but have reached that point where I am not gonna push it.
My display is 700 gal but maybe more important is fact it is 10 feet long with a lot of rockwork to help the swim lanes and flow which is so vital so some of those tangs doing well long-term. I've also got another 300-400 gal in TWV with the sump/fuge/etc.. so that brings the TWV to closer to 1000-1100.
My build link shows all of that and also has a few clips of the fish - which you've asked for. Sadly I've lost a lot of the coral you see in that pic after switching from a dosing system to a CA RX. Things are on the mend but my corals took a beating. The fish however are doing great.

Hope your tank is excellent as well. A 205, is that a 6 foot? That's a good size for keeping tangs. I avoid the TANG POLICE at all cost so I never offer advice or pretend to be an expert of any kind but my experience over the last 20 years or so has been that a 6foot tank (or more) is when they really do well. It's just hard to provide them enough flow, swimming room, and nutrient export in a tank much smaller than that (long-term).

Again, only my humble opinion. Best wishes!
Cheers,
Andrew
Hi Andrew.
tha I you very much for the response. The tank is 5 feet long. I’m hoping to have great success with this tank. To the point that the misses gives me the green light for a 500 gallon in roughly 5 years. I bought two Maxspect Gyre 250’s to move the water around a lot. I have a wall of fake rocks and corals with tunnels, caves and overhangs for there hiding. I went with the fake stuff for the first tank because I’m going through surgeries and I figure that it’ll be easier for me this way for the first tank.

Dragonreef202

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is mine once I finally can get my parameters under control

F60FEB87-2307-451D-BAB7-7ACFB2BDBD94.jpeg
One of my favorites along with Dragon Eel

Bpfor3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
0C6488B7-D856-4E7E-A4AE-33E95A73E3D6.png

I’ve had my dream fish (clarion angel) since he was a 50 cent piece. Now hes around a dinner plate. It’s been a good 4+ years now. I couldn’t ask for a better tank resident :)
He is in your reef? Behaved himself? I’d do it if I ran across a small juvy.

E.intheC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just picked up 2 Gem Tangs on a Black Friday sale. They were $200 each and a decent size, (around 3.5 inches). After a 3 plus hour acclimation they were both eating. It's been a little over 3 weeks and they are both doing very well.

20191129_144504.jpg

Nice pickup! Which vendor had gems for $200, if you don’t mind me asking?

TrojanScott

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My dream fish for the longest time was a Naso Tang. Even a 180 wasn’t enough to keep one. When I got an 8 foot 300, I got a beauty with streamers and couldn’t be happier. I have a purple, big Desarjini, a powder blue, and a Sohal. No fights and are model citizens. So that’s my dream, some of my favorite tangs living in harmony.

if I had to throw one out that I’d love to have, it would be a peppermint angel. Gorgeous fish. Uh no, will never own it. Unless I hit the lottery.

editour2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice pickup! Which vendor had gems for $200, if you don’t mind me asking?
Believe it or not it was Country Critters. I had stopped there in early November and the gems were selling for around $650 each. The sales person told me about the black friday sale which was not advertised. I was the first 1 there when the store opened that day... they only had 10 to 15 [can't remember] and said alot of retail store owners were trying to purchase for resale which they did not allow. I went with my son and we each got one gem tang, [both for me though].

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 26 14.8%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 86 48.9%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 54 30.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.8%
Back