DRIVING FORCE: May The 4th Be With You!! (WIN a R2R Swag Pack)

What or Who has been a driving FORCE for you in this hobby? (select all that apply)

• Friends in the hobby

Votes: 192 29.2%
  • A website or forum

Votes: 234 35.6%
  • A certain tank build or thread

Votes: 94 14.3%
  • A popular online pesonality

Votes: 115 17.5%
  • A book or publication

Votes: 47 7.1%
  • Reef2Reef (sorry not sorry)

Votes: 295 44.8%
  • Other (please explain in the thread)

Votes: 196 29.8%

• Total voters

Jimmyneptune

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1. What or whom has been the greatest driving FORCE for you to become a better aquarium keeper?
I would say the love of animals, florescent colors, solving puzzles, sense of accomplishment and overcoming challenges all wrapped up into one. Reefing.

Mike Porreca

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have always wanted a reef tank ever since I was very young. The only driving force has been my own personal wants and desires when it came down to it. Forums and videos were a help when it came to setting everything up.

lpsouth1978

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think my biggest driving factor has been the ocean and natural reefs themselves. I have been keeping aquariums for as long as I can remember, but didn't get into reefing until after I snorkeled a living reef for the first time. Ever since then, I have been fascinated (and rather obsessed) with reefing. I try to make my tanks resemble something I can imagine seeing when snorkeling or scuba diving.

Sites like R2R, BRS, and even that site that won't be named, have all helped me through this journey and improved the experience, but for me there is no driving factor bigger than nature herself!

Heart of Dixie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Early on, friend & LFS, 2000’s Reef Central,Advanced Aquarist writers & books on reef tanks, then BRS videos & R2R. I believe the shared information, discussion and ideas presented here are wonderful and I enjoy reading a bit and learning more each day.

Last edited:

Danno81

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My main inspiration came from watching BRS and using google to problem solve I’d come across reef to reef, I also found a couple online groups. I’ve had freshwater fish tanks for years now but was always intimidated by salt. Started looking into it and decided to jump in about 2 years ago love it

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would have to say my boyfriend of almost 20 yrs. He questioned me on why I needed yet another expensive hobby that I knew nothing about in the beginning. He questioned everything I did and why I did it. What were other options I considered and why I didn't go with them instead. He has driven me to research, investigate, justify, and second guess everything I have done. In exchange he "helps" pick out fish and coral. He knows nothing about the hobby himself but he is constantly encouraging me and doesn't complain about it. He has driven me to be smart and patient in my decisions and has said that he is very proud of everything I have done. I love proving to him that I can do things he doesn't think are "good ideas".

Bigdscott

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
may the 4th.jpg

Happy May the 4th be with you day to you all!

In celebration of this fun day I thought we could share some inspiration with one another and you might even win a prize! I will draw a winner tonight some time! In order to get entered to win you need to answer the following question.

1. What or whom has been the greatest driving FORCE for you to become a better aquarium keeper?

I will pick 3 winners via a random number generator, from your post here, to have a R2R Swag Pack shipped to you including a hat and t-shirt and more! (international winners will have to pay for actual shipping) We're running very low on color choices and sizes so you'll have to be good with what we send you! HA!

hats2.jpg
As the AT-AT was destroyed scavengers ate the remains of the storm troopers!
these forums help me become a better reefer and that force pushes us all forward.

Attachments

• IMG_2783.MOV
    16 MB

One More And I’m Out. Is Failure An Option?

• Yes

Votes: 35 15.2%
  • No

Votes: 170 73.6%
  • Unsure

Votes: 26 11.3%
Back