DSC reef's 75 gallon adventure

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Woah, that's a much different update than I was expecting!

Congrats @DSC reef !

So something I like to tell new parents.. There's a man named Laszlo, an educational psychologist. He had a theory that children were the most apt pupils on the planet. And he theorized that children under the age of 4 who are taught a skill can become prodigies. He decided to experiment, by teaching his daughters chess from day one. His daughters are widely considered the two best female chess champions to ever walk the earth, and quite possibly in contention for the best overall players of all time. They are in a league of their own, and are capable of retiring in their early 20's from winnings.

A reefing friend of mine is also a Brazilian Jiu Jitsu instructor. He's been a BJJ instructor most of his life. He taught his daughters BJJ since they were toddlers. Guess whose daughters are the IBJJF multiple time world champions in their age bracket? His 9 year old legitimately teaches BJJ to adults, as does his 15 year old.

So what I'm saying is simple; Teach him about the ocean early, that way he will grow into a scientist and give us genetically modified sailfish that don't get bigger than 1.5". You know you need a school of these guys chowing down on 0.25" mackerel. Don't deny it !

170d3e395a4d69eb2aa1751261d67052.jpg

But silliness aside -- Congrats buddy. With 14" shoulders he could grow to be a monster in the NFL or something :D

OP
OP
D

DSC reef

Coral wasted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Woah, that's a much different update than I was expecting!

Congrats @DSC reef !

So something I like to tell new parents.. There's a man named Laszlo, an educational psychologist. He had a theory that children were the most apt pupils on the planet. And he theorized that children under the age of 4 who are taught a skill can become prodigies. He decided to experiment, by teaching his daughters chess from day one. His daughters are widely considered the two best female chess champions to ever walk the earth, and quite possibly in contention for the best overall players of all time. They are in a league of their own, and are capable of retiring in their early 20's from winnings.

A reefing friend of mine is also a Brazilian Jiu Jitsu instructor. He's been a BJJ instructor most of his life. He taught his daughters BJJ since they were toddlers. Guess whose daughters are the IBJJF multiple time world champions in their age bracket? His 9 year old legitimately teaches BJJ to adults, as does his 15 year old.

So what I'm saying is simple; Teach him about the ocean early, that way he will grow into a scientist and give us genetically modified sailfish that don't get bigger than 1.5". You know you need a school of these guys chowing down on 0.25" mackerel. Don't deny it !

170d3e395a4d69eb2aa1751261d67052.jpg

But silliness aside -- Congrats buddy. With 14" shoulders he could grow to be a monster in the NFL or something :D
Thank you very much! It's funny, I had 15" shoulders when I was born and my mother and father said there friend who was coach wanted me for football. Lol. Were very blessed for sure and thank you for the kind words.

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you fin! Another reason to get a tank sooner;)
I'll add to that, when paige was younger and was upset or crabby, wed sit down with her in front of the tank, and she was instantly content. All the more reason to get that bigger tank eventually;)
w48vIjVl.jpg

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats to you both and I'm so happy for you guys. Enjoy every minute because time just flies. We are now empty nesters and it feels like we were just at the hospital.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 13 21.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 7 11.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 35 56.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 8.1%
Back