OP
D

DSC reef

Coral wasted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This tank has seen many ups and downs but luckily never dinos. Loosing colonies is heartbreaking. We had a really nice 8" colony of pink Floyd chalice grown from from one eye die in 2 days after 4 years of growing it out. Gotta love chemistry! I'm just humbled to be able to help others when I can, this is truly a great forum and reefing family.

Fishfinder

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Our trachyphillia looks like it's gonna pop! Fat and happy thanks to oyster feast and LRS reef frenzy
20171225_153648.jpg
20171225_153703.jpg

Did you grow that trachy from a little guy or buy him that big?

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Our trachyphillia looks like it's gonna pop! Fat and happy thanks to oyster feast and LRS reef frenzy
20171225_153648.jpg
20171225_153703.jpg
Hello, Beautiful healthy system. I immediately thought about the ULM series and you two seemed to have it down pat. Curious if you target or broadcast feed your corals and dosing i didn't see much hardware. All the Best in the New Year.

OP
OP
D

DSC reef

Coral wasted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, Beautiful healthy system. I immediately thought about the ULM series and you two seemed to have it down pat. Curious if you target or broadcast feed your corals and dosing i didn't see much hardware. All the Best in the New Year.
Thanks for the kind words. We try to keep it simple. Since the start of the tank it's been a skimmer and bio pellets with a little GAC. I always have about 10-15 ppm of nitrates. Fish get fed multiple times a day while I broadcast and target feed the corals 3 times a week with reef nutrition oyster feast and reef roids and live phyto feast. Acropower for aminos and weekly water changes. LRS reef frenzy and Dr. G's reef cavier with PE mysis pellets, ocean nutrition formula one pellets round out the fish diet. Soon to be using TDO chroma boost.

WWIII

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your wife does take great photos! Love the tank! You have some really nice looking, healthy fish as well!

What is that paly in the pic with the clams? Do you remember where you got it and/or if it has a trade name?

How much did your alk swing roughly? Everything looks great!

Ocean Lotion

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the kind words. We try to keep it simple. Since the start of the tank it's been a skimmer and bio pellets with a little GAC. I always have about 10-15 ppm of nitrates. Fish get fed multiple times a day while I broadcast and target feed the corals 3 times a week with reef nutrition oyster feast and reef roids and live phyto feast. Acropower for aminos and weekly water changes. LRS reef frenzy and Dr. G's reef cavier with PE mysis pellets, ocean nutrition formula one pellets round out the fish diet. Soon to be using TDO chroma boost.
Your fish and corals eat better than I do!

OP
OP
D

DSC reef

Coral wasted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your wife does take great photos! Love the tank! You have some really nice looking, healthy fish as well!

What is that paly in the pic with the clams? Do you remember where you got it and/or if it has a trade name?

The ones I believe your referring to are utter chaos, our colony has been severely diminished due to asterina starfish. The alk swung about 2dkh. We're keeping it steady at 8.5-9.0 Thank you for the kind words.

Lovemyreef2015

Reefing Mom!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Not to bad for phone pics. Thank you;Smuggrin

Travis Stewart

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aquavitro calcification and eight four are the main things dosed with some acropower for aminos. Thank you!

On an automatic doser or manually? Love the purple tang. You only doing one tang? I know they are a bit aggressive towards others.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back