DSC reef's 75 gallon adventure

I believe it was a Atlantic pygmy Octopus. I can't wait to have one again one day
A guy down south collects those from the keys and sells them. He’s got a long waiting list last time I looked. They’re definitely pretty cool.
 
Hey @DSC reef, sorry if this has been asked; what specifically (did) you have growing on your bare bottom? (were) they encrusting onto the glass/coralline?

1580702852944.png
cheers
 
Last edited:
In that picture those 2 montipora were mystic sunset and WWC cherry tree. They would encrust onto the glass. It was pretty cool to see all the zoas and montis cover the bottom. If we ever did another tank I think we would have sand again though.
 
In that picture those 2 montipora were mystic sunset and WWC cherry tree. They would encrust onto the glass. It was pretty cool to see all the zoas and montis cover the bottom. If we ever did another tank I think we would have sand again though.
Thanx, it looked great, better than sand ;)
 
Always admired encrustment of coral. Tank looks Nice !!
 
. If we ever did another tank I think we would have sand again though.
The last time I snorkled the GBR it was off Hook Island, not far off shore, & I covered an area about football field size. Depth varied from about 4' deep to drop offs about 20' deep between crevises Masses of stoney coral, soft coral, plate coral. The one thing i didn't see was sand. :)
 
Anyone know where @DSC reef went?
I don't know the full picture but my understanding is there was a significant disagreement over somthing said and DSC left a while ago but now comes back occasionally. Anyone who knows more feel free to correct me if I am wrong but that's what I gathered trying to find the answer myself a while ago
 
I don't know the full picture but my understanding is there was a significant disagreement over somthing said and DSC left a while ago but now comes back occasionally. Anyone who knows more feel free to correct me if I am wrong but that's what I gathered trying to find the answer myself a while ago
I know he left awhile ago and came back, last year sometime during summer maybe. But I see his avatar is gone and he has been MIA.
 
I know he left awhile ago and came back, last year sometime during summer maybe. But I see his avatar is gone and he has been MIA.
True I didn't notice the avatar, hopefully him and his family are all okay
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new