Dumb Apex Question

LBReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased an Apex controller for my office aquarium, assuming that it would work on our "public" network, but have run into issues. Is there a way to run the apex without an internet connection?

pugcrush

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased an Apex controller for my office aquarium, assuming that it would work on our "public" network, but have run into issues. Is there a way to run the apex without an internet connection?
I'm assuming you have the new wireless version? What issues are you running into? You could technically set it up at home and code all the outlets I guess. But without being connected to fusion, its just a fancy big dollar timer.

Have you contacted Neptune? They're great help when I needed them.

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have the display it's easier to use, but you can also hook up your computer to it via an Ethernet cable and program it that way using the apex dashboard. If you have the display you can get your apex's ip address and access it by typing that into your web browser.

If you don't have a display you can find your address by downloading this

https://www.neptunesystems.com/firmware/

You need to download this to get the apex utility and then you can get your address there.

vhuang168

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most office networks will be firewalled. You probably need to do some port forwarding and opening some ports.

ngvu1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It says this firmware is for the classic firmware. Does it mean I should not use it for the Wifi Apex?
Neptune Systems Apex Classic Firmware Update Info

The Latest Apex Classic Firmware Version is: 4.51_2E17

If you have the display it's easier to use, but you can also hook up your computer to it via an Ethernet cable and program it that way using the apex dashboard. If you have the display you can get your apex's ip address and access it by typing that into your web browser.

If you don't have a display you can find your address by downloading this

https://www.neptunesystems.com/firmware/

You need to download this to get the apex utility and then you can get your address there.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 14 34.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 39.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 8 19.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.4%
Back