Dumb Evo temperature question -_-

Squ1nts

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 14, 2021
Messages
4
Reaction score
1
Location
Mebane, NC
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I finally was able to replace my light last night and picked up an AI prime.

I don't currently have a lid on there and noticed a 5* temp drop over night with the ambient house temperature. Starting to cool off obviously.. There a way to control those swings other then better then trying to regulate the ambient temperatures? Does everyone run lids?

Ooof.
 
I finally was able to replace my light last night and picked up an AI prime.

I don't currently have a lid on there and noticed a 5* temp drop over night with the ambient house temperature. Starting to cool off obviously.. There a way to control those swings other then better then trying to regulate the ambient temperatures? Does everyone run lids?

Ooof.
When I swapped over to a AI prime from the stock light I just tweaked my heater a bit to put my temps back within range. If you don’t already have one, Id suggest an ATO if you’re goin topless.
 
I go through about a gallon a week of top off water in a 74* ambient temp home. Before, with the lid, I use to top off manually with about a cup a day.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 3.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new