Duncan help

nedyazayden

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have this colony of Duncans and they have always done great until here recently. They have grown and always opened fully during the day time and we’re doing great but this week they haven’t been looking good and a day ago I noticed a polyps looking like it was coming out of the skeleton and then today I came home from work and they all closed up snd the polyps that was coming out has come out and is being held on by this brownish see through slime but it’s not stringy like brown jelly disease ‍♂️. This is the second time one of my lps corals has randomly decided it wanted to die on short notice both times it was a couple weeks after my clownfish decided they wanted to live in the corals and both did similar things polyp started to come out then weird slime then it come out each time it happens I remove it before it actually goes into the water collum. Just wondering what it could be… polyp bailout from the clowns stressing them???
1D7A1708-23F6-4085-9500-A78FBC8C0F4A.jpeg

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi,welcome to the reef...
not sure if clowns are causing BJD , but is Bjd , removal of BJD from coral before moving is critical
1 removal of BJD Off coral
2 dip coral
3 SW rinse dip coral before retuning to tank
Sorry so short , please use search function ,and read a couple of threads on it.
best wishes ... :)

OP
OP
N

nedyazayden

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,welcome to the reef...
not sure if clowns are causing BJD , but is Bjd , removal of BJD from coral before moving is critical
1 removal of BJD Off coral
2 dip coral
3 SW rinse dip coral before retuning to tank
Sorry so short , please use search function ,and read a couple of threads on it.
best wishes ... :)
Would it even be possible for the clowns to cause them to get brown jelly disease?

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
In a sense yes, by doing damage to coral tissue ,thus causing infection to start ,"BJD"
research rt now ,in mean time currently looking for a protocol post to link here
careful not to spread loose BJD in tank , hang tight... :)

N1tew0lf1212

...Cronies Secretary...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

This thread will walk you through the whole process from identifying to removing the head to post dip and how to treat in tank hope this helps....this thread is for a torch coral but same concept remove the head amd follow this to a T and you will be able to combat it..... @fishguy242 hope this helps

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 68 35.6%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.1%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 25.1%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 61 31.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.2%
Back