Duncan looks weird, spaghetti like strings on base

RedKey

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 30, 2023
Messages
4
Reaction score
1
Location
Loomis
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpg
I just came back home and noticed this, is that normal? My parameters are normal and haven’t changed.
Thank you:)
 
Sure is normal for an anthelia, or caulerpa, or maybe even a Kenya tree to sprout from “nowhere” on the base of a coral fragment. I don’t know what it is because I can’t figure out what Is showing in the picture? A
better picture of the subject hitchhiker might help with an identification.
 
Thank you for your reply, hopefully this helps!
 

Attachments

  • B4A43B7C-6755-4F09-9935-12F7784C6C95.jpeg
    B4A43B7C-6755-4F09-9935-12F7784C6C95.jpeg
    106.5 KB · Views: 75
  • 32EC6D1E-A17F-4C22-9068-77C6C531BED6.jpeg
    32EC6D1E-A17F-4C22-9068-77C6C531BED6.jpeg
    150 KB · Views: 56
Looks like it could be snail eggs.
 
Interesting, that could be a reason. Should I just keep observing it?
 
Assuming you have snails, then yes.
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 8 26.7%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 15 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 10 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 14 46.7%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 26.7%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new