duncan mounting & lighting

hansmtt

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had a 3 headed duncan in my tank for a month or so, positioned under the shade of a big monti cap. The whiskers are a bit shorter, and are often recessed. A couple of questions about it's care...
1) the stalk is clean cut, straight edge. Can I simply glue it to a rock or rubble? The stalk is just a different material than the normal skeleton of sps/lps that I regularly frag.

2) how are your duncans lit? do they prefer higher light, or less. I've not experimented yet as it needs a base to work into my rockscape. Will the colors change with better lighting. I have an ATI PM T5 fixture.

Ldogg

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
mine are halfway under t5's, probably 12" under the light, and they are always extended. I like to target feed them mysis as well, and they love it.

tpdpercula

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have tried drying both the frag discs and frag off (bottom of frag) and glued them using gel. They don't seem to adhere as well as other things though. My large colonies and frags sit all over my 150g under 250watt 20K MHs and they love the light along with target feeding.

Nate82

Paitence Sucks...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
they love flow as well the more flow they receive the longer their tentacles get and the more beautiful they become

stunreefer

Reef Hugger
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They're much more appreciative to food than light... they're found from 0-30m (0-100 feet) down, which at 100', there is little to no "useable" light. I recommend spot-feeding meaty foods once or twice per week.

I've always kept them in the shade for the most part, yet I've successfully grown them on the "crest" of my reef along side Acropora efflorescens.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 23.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 58 34.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 53 31.4%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 8.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.4%
Back