Duncan trouble

  • Thread starter Thread starter Johnny C
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Johnny C

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 22, 2020
Messages
108
Reaction score
82
Location
Western Colorado
What state or country do you live in
Colorado
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a pist off Duncan. Water perimeters are good. Any ideas or suggestions?

DA4C464F-F476-4D73-9FF7-D173914DFCFF.jpeg
 
Looks much better than mine! lol
Mine has been mostly retracted for a while. Thinking about moving it lower in the tank in hopes that it opens up some more.
Has it had a meal recently? Mine used to do funny things after it ate for a bit. Sometimes when they're growing they also look funny.

Possibly chemical warfare between whatever that other coral is next to it ? (just a guess).
 
He was ticked before I moved him next to the recordia. Tried getting it in a higher flow area. I fed it after I moved it. I’ll move it away again but that’s not why it’s angry
 
May seem silly but any chance you have a clown fish messing with it? I've had my Duncan for a few years. Mid way up and high flow area. I had some issues when my clown kept ramming into the Duncan maybe trying to host. Idk! Maybe you have a fish messing with it. I took the clown to the LFS and haven't had any issues at all.
 
May seem silly but any chance you have a clown fish messing with it? I've had my Duncan for a few years. Mid way up and high flow area. I had some issues when my clown kept ramming into the Duncan maybe trying to host. Idk! Maybe you have a fish messing with it. I took the clown to the LFS and haven't had any issues at all.
I’ll keep a closer eye on them I have lots of clowns who are just discovering hosting now. Trying out zoas even. Thanks
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.2%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 29.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 30.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new