Duncans and blasto recommended first aid?

Emaychzee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had to do a bit of rescaping after my urchin pushed a cyphastrea frag into a hole in the rock. ‍

In the process of rescuing my sps, my fat fingers knocked a three headed duncan fall onto the substrate face down. I'm sure I irritated it when I tried to put it back on the rock cause it made a ton of slime on my hands. I also had a blasto fall polyps down on sand and then a small rock partially fall onto it.

I can't even blame the urchin cause dang I am way more of a bulldozer haha

They seem OK for now but would y'all recommend a iodine dip to help them heal from the trauma I put them through today? I turned off all the whites and put the fixtures on the lowest blue setting, I figured it might be gentler on them for now

Mikedawg

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't disturb them any more; doesn't read like anything they can't overcome. Would keep shrimp and crabs away from them if any in tank. Good luck

Quantum_Reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had to do a bit of rescaping after my urchin pushed a cyphastrea frag into a hole in the rock. ‍

In the process of rescuing my sps, my fat fingers knocked a three headed duncan fall onto the substrate face down. I'm sure I irritated it when I tried to put it back on the rock cause it made a ton of slime on my hands. I also had a blasto fall polyps down on sand and then a small rock partially fall onto it.

I can't even blame the urchin cause dang I am way more of a bulldozer haha

They seem OK for now but would y'all recommend a iodine dip to help them heal from the trauma I put them through today? I turned off all the whites and put the fixtures on the lowest blue setting, I figured it might be gentler on them for now
I’d iodine dip if it look like the Duncan is not getting better. If everything is good they should heal back up quickly

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 15 8.0%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 34 18.1%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 124 66.0%
  • Neither.

Votes: 9 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.2%
Back