Dwarf Angelfish compatibility.

Spdjnky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi I'm looking for. Help or insight from anyone who has kept the dwarf angelfishes.
I have a fish only. Artificial reef. Salt water. Aquarium. In the process of stocking it. Slowly. I hope. I guess what I'm saying is I'm trying not to go too fast, but my initial plan may be a little too aggressive.
At the present I have 5 Lyretail Anthias, 2 clownfish a Mystery Wrasse
I would like to know. If it would be possible to keep. A flame Angel. Along with a rusty Angel. And floral beauty Angel. All dwarf.
Thank you in advance for anyone. Who would comment? Then tell me. The possibilities of success I would say. Or is it just? Don't try. Thanks a lot.
Phil

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi I'm looking for. Help or insight from anyone who has kept the dwarf angelfishes.
I have a fish only. Artificial reef. Salt water. Aquarium. In the process of stocking it. Slowly. I hope. I guess what I'm saying is I'm trying not to go too fast, but my initial plan may be a little too aggressive.
I would like to know. If it would be possible to keep. A flame Angel. Along with a rusty Angel. And floral beauty Angel. All dwarf.
Thank you in advance for anyone. Who would comment? Then tell me. The possibilities of success I would say. Or is it just? Don't try. Thanks a lot.
Phil
It’s all well saying if this’ll work (or not) however we can’t excactly tell you if this’ll work or not without an FTS (for an idea of territory and rockspace) and a bit more background on how big the tank is (Gallons is useless in this case, ideally we want dimensions - LxWxH).

Jase4224

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok I wouldn’t try unless your tank is over 5ft and has a LOT of hiding places to avoid each other. Definitely add at the same time and probably a good idea if there is a significant size difference. If it were me I’d add two of the same species and try to pair them rather than risk two different species. Three is looking for trouble.

In all honesty though I would recommend you don’t try this until you get a few years under your belt and have an appropriate back up plan to remove and rehouse fish if it doesn’t work out. One dwarf angel that is happy is WAY better than two that are bickering.. go for the coral beauty.. cheap, hardy and stunning. Also fairly compatible with corals should you want to go that rout one day.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Phil
This will be hit and miss. I currently have a flame angel, coral beauty and potters angel together. Also I do run big tanks only so there is room and with that the coral beauty and flame squabble with each other. It may help as I did to introduce them together.

Seansea

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya length is key here. I had a lemon peel and rusty in a 150g 6' tank and it was no sweat. The lemonpeel got added 2 years after the rusty but basically hung out on the other half of tank. They basically each had a 3' section and only ventured out at feeding time. Being well fed helps also.

JPM San Diego

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In years past, when I was keeping FOWLER tanks, my go to pair was a coral beauty and a flame angel.
I did this on a couple of occasions with success.
My tank size was 3 foot / "40" gallons with plenty of rock work. Also, I fed my fish a lot.
Of course, my experience was probably 2, or maybe 3, occasions.
That is to say, it will always be a gamble as we all have limited expericence and fish have unique personalities.

OP
OP
Spdjnky

Spdjnky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s all well saying if this’ll work (or not) however we can’t excactly tell you if this’ll work or not without an FTS (for an idea of territory and rockspace) and a bit more background on how big the tank is (Gallons is useless in this case, ideally we want dimensions - LxWxH).
Here you go. I should have put that in first. Kind of trying to do a lot of different things right now. Not all of it. Aquarium. Lol. This is a link to a Google photo album. It's just easier that way. You can. Enlarge the pictures and see better.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here you go. I should have put that in first. Kind of trying to do a lot of different things right now. Not all of it. Aquarium. Lol. This is a link to a Google photo album. It's just easier that way. You can. Enlarge the pictures and see better.
You will need MANY more caves than that on the rockscape. Any reason why you don’t want to do live rock? They have better hiding spots than any other rock and will serve better for the optimum territory.

Biopuredave

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi I keep a coral Beauty, Midnight angel, Multibar angel, Watanabie angel, Bellus angel and a Goldflake angel in a 7FT tank with a fair amount of rock. Just add them at the same time or as i have done put the smallest first and work your way up in size. Now i have all six they sim to just get on with things, never going to be best friends but no fighting between them. I have had other tanks with multiple angelfish never had a big problem with any of them so long as you have rock space for them to duck in to if needed. I have found 3 or more work better then 2.

Seansea

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool insert but not much hiding space. Another thing is dwarfs angels graze all day. Will have to feed alot to keep up with there dietary needs with no live rock.

But inwould saynif your set on dwarfs get 2 and add at same time.

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is a smallish tank at 48X24 inches, 16 deep. I would keep no more than about 2 or 3 dwarf angels in there. If you start with small immature and have plenty of food for them, it would be fine. Angels like a lot of cervices and not necessary a lot of open spaces. Having more tunnels and pockets for them would be more helpful. I think your aquascapes is not optimal for dwarf angels. I don't like it because I am a natural kind of guy, not space-age aqua man, but to each his own.

albano

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You will need MANY more caves than that on the rockscape. Any reason why you don’t want to do live rock? They have better hiding spots than any other rock and will serve better for the optimum territory.
+1… unfortunately (IMO) the reef insert will be of no value to the fish and be more of cleaning nightmare than it’s worth.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 12 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 48 34.3%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 46 32.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 32 22.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%
Back