Dwarf Angelfish together

I think a 55 is slightly small for two Flame angel. However, if you have a lot of crevices and cave, they should be OK. I have a video of my two Flame in a 65 gal tank somewhere on YouTube. It mainly when they are spawning that I feel the male cramped by the glasses. Other than that, they did great. My harem of 4 now spawned nightly.
I just recently emptied the tank to redo the scape to make more crevices and areas to break line of site. (The photo is not great since I took it right after I finished the rockwork and was exhausted lol)

My only concern would be overcrowding with the Tomini, but it's really been a great fish. I've had the tang for ~5 years at this point, and it previously stayed with a Cherub (who was the bully) and then a flame (who I lost during the breakdown 😭).

Other fish currently in there are just 2 Occies, Yellow Watchman and a Lawnmower - anything else aside from the Flame(s) would be smaller/hardy guys (damsels, firefish, royal gramma, etc.)

IMG_9596.JPG
 
Last edited:
I have 3 dwarf angels in a 70 gallon tank - coral beauty, purple masked and multibar, and they all get along well. I got them all as juveniles from Biota, which helped. The CB and multibar were added at the same time, no problem at all with them perhaps because they have slightly different body shape. The purple masked was added a few months later, the CB chased him a little bit for the first day or two but they have been fine together ever since. Highly recommend Biota.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 30.8%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 9 34.6%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 30.8%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 23.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 34.6%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 15.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new