Dwarf Angels always dies

Bengt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi

My Dwarf Angels always dies for me, I don´t know why.
So far 4 Centropyge Acantops and 4 Centropyge Bisponosus has dies.

I have Zebrasoma Flavecsens and Paracanthurus hepatus and Gramma Loreto, Chromis, and neon damsels and even mandarines fishes all is in good shape.

It started with that the fish is shy and after a week or so it dies, they eat even when they are shy but then they hide again. I tried everything I think.

With ozone or without, that the same.
With UV or not, that the same.
With carbon or no carbon, that the same.
Different food, no different.

I have the aquarium going 10 month, Tropic Marin Pro Reef and Blue Treasure salt.

Any proposal would be nice.

Thanks!

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How are you acclimating the fish? Have you tested the SG from the source and compared the SG to your system? Are you getting the fish from one vendor?

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you don't qt, then it is possible for there to be a disease, such as velvet, that the existing fish are immune to, but that affects new additions.

OP
OP
B

Bengt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With a thin hose dripping 30 minutes then Put The fish in aquarium and then flush The water in Bucket to drainage.

CarrieB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've read that angels are sensitive to copper. Is it possible that you have copper in your tank?

ebushrow

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since you are not qt'ing or fw dipping, I have to assume that it's either sick fish (especially if sourced from the same store) and that they are succumbing to a disease already in your system or they are bringing it with them from the source store....I would guess....and with little info it is a guess.... that it's probably velvet along with flukes. The hiding is considered cryptic behavior and is a tell tale sign of ich and velvet IME....

I'm not sure what blu treuasure salt is, but I assume it is not an additive but another salt mix.

What is your plan for this tank? Reef, fowlr, etc. The process of treating your fish will depend on where you want your tank to go.

wkscott

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your tank is about 65 gallons and you have both a yellow and blue tang in there. They can be extremely aggressive to newcommers, especially the yellow one. If it's not disease then it's very likely that your existing yellow and blue tangs may be harassing them to death when you aren't looking.

OP
OP
B

Bengt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only aggressive fish are The neon damsells but My boss The gramma loreta just open his mouth and then they are calm to

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back