Dwarf lionfish tankmates

  • Thread starter Thread starter teamA
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

teamA

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 27, 2024
Messages
10
Reaction score
4
Location
EU
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I have a reef tank with 2 dwarf lionfish (dendrochirus brachypterus). I have them for about 3 weeks (tank is functioning and stable for about 2 years but I lost all fish in brooklynella outbreak 6 months ago; the tank has been fishless until adding the lions now) I'm not sure if they are a pair but they always interact peacefully, there are no signs of aggression.
They are currently both about 6-7cm long. My tank has a 64 gal display and 79 gal overall volume. I have oversized skimmer (Arka ACS 180).
My question is:
- can they be kept together long term? Or is it too small a tank for 2 adult dwarf lionfish?
- can I add any other fish? I was thinking about adding dwarf angel, e.g. Centropyge bicolor
 
damselfish would be good like 3 stripped and dominios another could be big angles
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.4%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 27.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 32.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.3%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.2%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 12.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new