Dwarf sea horse question

Henn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They really are fun to keep. I strongly suggest reading through some of the seahorse threads on here for ideas and pitfalls to try to avoid. Good luck and maybe start a thread for your build so others, myself included, can watch how it goes. :)
Hi fellow Reefer, I have been reading the Dwarf Seahorse ( Ponys Please ) Posts with interest. You are someone that might enjoy the idea that Ponies can live without Brine Shrimp. Until those horrid things were banished from the Marine Ponds there was low Fry survival. The Henn Posts about Ponys are based on the Breeding Colonies here. The Ponys here live in Tulle Fabric Basins that float in a crueler sea ( Peppermint Shrimp keep the main Water clean of Hydras ). The only residents in the Basins with the Ponys are Lettuce Nudibranch. They control Hair Algae to keep the Hunting Areas open ( they reproduce as well but with low survival ). There are pictures. Every time I try to encourage Live Food Corrals, the Brine Shrimp Patrol jumps in. The painful facts are that 999 Ponys out of 1000 will starve within 6 weeks ( Industry Stats ). There are people that make it work, maybe 1 out of 1000. Anyone who builds a Tulle Corral gets rewarded by happy Ponys and helping to get maximum Fry Survival. The new Different Tank ( member tanks ) Build is the Full Blown Water Treatment for a Pony Tank Design ( Reef Water Quality for the cost of a Frag ). There will be 1 sq yd of 2 mm Tulle pushed and folded to form canyons and meadows. A cutaway in front, like an old TV, will allow front viewing an overhead light shines down to Grow Out the Tulle Meadow ( they are full of Ulva as well ). This is exactly what already houses and feeds my Ponys ( 3 Corrals ). Maybe after looking at my Ponys you could send a referral to someone that can help. I am looking at 10 gallons as a suitable site for several mated pairs and Fry.

baby nudibranch nursery.jpg baby nudibranch of different ages.jpg I am so blessed.jpg a piece of sea.jpg

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 134 88.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back