DYING ANENOME

OceanReefLover

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Anenome appears to be dying, it was stuck in an area with no light for a while and I finally loved it to a new area and it appears to not be doing well and most of its tentacles fell off. I have a 14 gal bio cube and have had Anenome a before with no problem, it’s 3 years old. The Anenome is only a few months old and I’m just not sure if it’s dying or recovering, all parameters appear to be fine.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Fishy212

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to see your anemone not doing well. I am pretty sure they will continue to move throughout the tank until they find a suitable location. When did the tentacles start falling off? Have you fed it recently? Any change recently?

OP
OP
O

OceanReefLover

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to see your anemone not doing well. I am pretty sure they will continue to move throughout the tank until they find a suitable location. When did the tentacles start falling off? Have you fed it recently? Any change recently?
Yes it used to look a lot better with al it’s tentacles out. I suppose in the past 5 days is when it’s gotten worse

Fishy212

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes it used to look a lot better with al it’s tentacles out. I suppose in the past 5 days is when it’s gotten worse
Did the tentacles start falling off after you moved it into more flow and light? Hopefully someone else can help who has a bit more knowledge on anemones.

philosophile

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Feed it every other day. Start off with small amounts. If it doesnt take the food, try something else. This might hit your water parameters so consider larger or more frequent water changes. But beyond that, there isnt that much you can do.

aabjones888

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s in very a bad shape, it can be saved, I’ve had an old rose nem look like that and I’ve brought them back before, a lot of work but can be done. U need to hand feed it for sure. Look up on how to save nem for a lot more info on a step to step process

Dom

Full Time Reef Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are your ALK, pH and Salinity readings?

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 17.5%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 31 16.9%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 33 18.0%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 79 43.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.4%
Back