E-CHEN 204-200 Rapidly Fluctuating Pressure Gauge

  • Thread starter Thread starter ddamerell
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ddamerell

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 10, 2020
Messages
21
Reaction score
6
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

I've just upgraded to a 200gpd RO membrane and connected a new E-CHEN 204-200 booster pump between the pre filters and membrane. I have a pressure gauge between the booster pump and membrane. When I turn on the booster pump the pressure gauge rapidly fluctuates between about 60psi to 90 psi.

I assume this isn't normal for a booster pump? This is a self regulating booster pump if that helps

The product and waste lines appear connected in the right order to the membrane and the waste line has a 800cc flow restrictor attached. There's 30psi going into the pump and both the pre filters and membrane are new. The best I can tell the pump input and output are connected as indicated by the arrows on the plastic mold of the pump.

The output from the product line does go up with the booster pump turned on but as I said above I assume this isn't normal and is going to damage something in the RO system.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 3 30.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new