E-CHEN 204-200 Rapidly Fluctuating Pressure Gauge

ddamerell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

I've just upgraded to a 200gpd RO membrane and connected a new E-CHEN 204-200 booster pump between the pre filters and membrane. I have a pressure gauge between the booster pump and membrane. When I turn on the booster pump the pressure gauge rapidly fluctuates between about 60psi to 90 psi.

I assume this isn't normal for a booster pump? This is a self regulating booster pump if that helps

The product and waste lines appear connected in the right order to the membrane and the waste line has a 800cc flow restrictor attached. There's 30psi going into the pump and both the pre filters and membrane are new. The best I can tell the pump input and output are connected as indicated by the arrows on the plastic mold of the pump.

The output from the product line does go up with the booster pump turned on but as I said above I assume this isn't normal and is going to damage something in the RO system.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 61 40.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 43 28.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 29 19.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.3%
Back