Easy Reefs Gel - Alternative Container?

NeutronMan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 16, 2019
Messages
1,622
Reaction score
1,969
What state or country do you live in
Louisiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

I ordered some of the easy reefs evo gel but didn’t receive a valve (I could have sworn they used to include it). These seem hard to find outside of a few places wanting $20-$30 to ship a $7 part. This seems really ridiculous so thought someone else might have already come up with a solution.

Can I squeeze the gel into another container and just suck it out with my doser, or does shelf life and operation suffer significantly?

Alternatively, any simple alternative to the valve and rubber stopper setup that they require?

Thanks!
Matt
 
From what I just read, it doesn't come with the connector for the dosing tubing.
I would just use a different container or bite the bullet and buy the part.
 
I bought a pack of size 000 rubber stoppers with a hole in them from Amazon. I had a couple 1/4” double ended hose barb fitting from my irrigation system’s micro sprayers. The hose barb made a tight connection into the rubber stoppers without any additional sealant, and it’s working great!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 24.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new