EasySPS food

leepink23

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After 10 days of use I am seeing increased growth of my acros, so much that my alkalinity is bottoming out, nutrients are dipping so I have increased my feeding. This is with just 3ml per day on a doser pmup.

E8E34855-AB1D-4E49-B53B-C0EB164D09C4.png

t5Nitro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You guys keep your easy sps and booster under the stand or outside of it? Wasn't sure if being warmer in the stand would be alright for shelf storage. Thinking about putting some ceiling hooks into my innovative marine stand shelf and hang the bags from inside there.

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You guys keep your easy sps and booster under the stand or outside of it? Wasn't sure if being warmer in the stand would be alright for shelf storage. Thinking about putting some ceiling hooks into my innovative marine stand shelf and hang the bags from inside there.
Under the stand

monti mike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do the bags have to be mounted upside with the spout facing down? Or can I set them spout up and pull it up and out with the doser?

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Do the bags have to be mounted upside with the spout facing down? Or can I set them spout up and pull it up and out with the doser?
It's best to mount them upside down. The package acts as a holder and it has a hole to hang it from a hook on the bottom of the package.

t5Nitro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have mine connected to 2 of my GHL doser heads. Works great! Couldn't see why not using something like the 1.1 BRS doser pumps wouldn't be a good option as well.

t5Nitro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@minus9 Ahh my GHL was working well but the SPS Evo turns into concrete and clogs the tubing. How did you work around that? I think it's fine at the site of the bag but the smaller tubing around the doser head I think is plugged. I don't think my tank has been getting Evo dosed in quite a while. Booster is fantastic. Never had a line issue. Evo I've changed tubing out to larger diameter already, but now the tubing that goes around the doser head is plugged as well I believe.

@Pablo Easyreefs

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
@minus9 Ahh my GHL was working well but the SPS Evo turns into concrete and clogs the tubing. How did you work around that? I think it's fine at the site of the bag but the smaller tubing around the doser head I think is plugged. I don't think my tank has been getting Evo dosed in quite a while. Booster is fantastic. Never had a line issue. Evo I've changed tubing out to larger diameter already, but now the tubing that goes around the doser head is plugged as well I believe.

@Pablo Easyreefs
I've never encountered that issue, so I'm not sure? I use standard RO tubing from the doser to the tank and clear tubing rated for CO2 from the package to the doser. I get a little clumping at the very end of the line, but nothing that stops the dosing.

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

@Pablo Easyreefs

This is what I use and never an issue-

t5Nitro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the second clumping I've gotten in the tubing that comes pre-installed around the rollers. Did you guys replace that tubing?

monti mike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is what I use and never an issue-

Would you recommend this over airline tubing for dosing?

is it a best practice to have the end of the tube form a loop or just point down?

sorry I know this is probably more of a dosing 101 question. First time using a doser!
A6C8AF8E-15BA-497D-9AE3-6BCE71FF4792.jpeg

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would you recommend this over airline tubing for dosing?

is it a best practice to have the end of the tube form a loop or just point down?

sorry I know this is probably more of a dosing 101 question. First time using a doser!
A6C8AF8E-15BA-497D-9AE3-6BCE71FF4792.jpeg

I use that tube for all dosing, can put the tip in hot water before pushing in on the connection point. I do not loop any tubes and have no issues

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 18.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 13 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 46 53.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 9.3%
Back