EasySPS food

t5Nitro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If anybody else comes across the same problem, a needle or an unwinded paper clip fits through the tubing and connectors and breaks up the material well. My clogged tubing was in the intake part of the yellowish factory tubing just prior to the roller heads, I think. Its working again, for now. The evo really seems to harden into solid crystals quite easily.

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The polyp extension when this stuff doses is insane

Attachments

• 4A4718FF-D07C-4340-B670-A0F2E787CAFC.jpeg
    4A4718FF-D07C-4340-B670-A0F2E787CAFC.jpeg
    185.2 KB · Views: 111
  • 24623896-8288-40A4-B7D7-87C490DAADEC.jpeg
    24623896-8288-40A4-B7D7-87C490DAADEC.jpeg
    215.1 KB · Views: 103
  • 56E4C2C2-CE02-49FA-B48F-939F6B9E70E0.jpeg
    56E4C2C2-CE02-49FA-B48F-939F6B9E70E0.jpeg
    197.3 KB · Views: 98

t5Nitro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree, the stuff must work. I've got a lot of sps without longer polyps. One of my green acros is a hairy one and it looks great!!

What kind of sps do you have in the photos there? I need more hairy ones.

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree, the stuff must work. I've got a lot of sps without longer polyps. One of my green acros is a hairy one and it looks great!!

What kind of sps do you have in the photos there? I need more hairy ones.

First is a Tyre Pink Lemonade but has only been in the tank for a week, second I have no clue, third is a Walt Disney. To be honest all the sticks I buy I don’t really record the names, I just buy them because its what grabs my attention. Everything I have pretty much comes from TSA and I like tenius

31AA9177-CEDD-45D2-9181-D06BA01E0638.jpeg

PeterLL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm currently dosing Easyreefs Easybooster so the phyoplankton version. My tank is primarily soft corals, Feather Dusters and Sponges. Would these be noticeably benefitted by the EasySPS as well? I can't imagine it wouldn't, as sponges and feather dusters are filter feeders and the soft corals all have polyps for catching food as well. Would you recommend giving this ago to get a full mixture of zoo and phyto plankton in the tank? I dose 3ml/day on a 250l tank at the moment.
Thank You all

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm currently dosing Easyreefs Easybooster so the phyoplankton version. My tank is primarily soft corals, Feather Dusters and Sponges. Would these be noticeably benefitted by the EasySPS as well? I can't imagine it wouldn't, as sponges and feather dusters are filter feeders and the soft corals all have polyps for catching food as well. Would you recommend giving this ago to get a full mixture of zoo and phyto plankton in the tank? I dose 3ml/day on a 250l tank at the moment.
Thank You all
I'm mostly softies as well, I do both and see a difference.

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thank You all
I think it will benefit the tank in many ways. The good thing is the 250mL bag is perfect for trying them out, without breaking the bank.

reefluvrr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been dosing in 1ml increments for my easybooster 3x's day. Have any one dosed and recommend dosing in smaller increments? I.e. 0.2ml 15x's daily? Thanks

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have been dosing in 1ml increments for my easybooster 3x's day. Have any one dosed and recommend dosing in smaller increments? I.e. 0.2ml 15x's daily? Thanks
I think .5mL increments would be okay spread throughout the day, but anything lower than that may not be enough to be utilized? But, you could certainly give it try and see what happens.

reefluvrr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think .5mL increments would be okay spread throughout the day, but anything lower than that may not be enough to be utilized? But, you could certainly give it try and see what happens.
Yes, I kinda wondered about that too.
Thanks

Laith

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just for information: the EasySPS Pro bags are now available in an "expert" version which has double the concentration, so half the dosage of the normal Pro.

I found out because I ordered two from my supplier and they sent me the "expert" version by mistake. Not sure whether this is available everywhere though but I think that it is not that much more expensive than the normal Pro version.

xiaoxiy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just for information: the EasySPS Pro bags are now available in an "expert" version which has double the concentration, so half the dosage of the normal Pro.

I found out because I ordered two from my supplier and they sent me the "expert" version by mistake. Not sure whether this is available everywhere though but I think that it is not that much more expensive than the normal Pro version.
Awesome! I wonder when Coralvue is going to start bringing those bags in.

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been dosing easysps and booster and have been super happy with the results. I will say I never believed the claim that phosphates will lower. I always hover around .11-.15 and really test once a week if that as it never changes. I tested phosphates this morning and it .01! Double checked it then used a Red Sea and was clear. I’ve never been in a spot that phosphates bottomed out. So now I guess I have to start dosing phosphates, I’ll feed a bit heavier until neophos arrives as I do not want dinos.

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have been dosing easysps and booster and have been super happy with the results. I will say I never believed the claim that phosphates will lower. I always hover around .11-.15 and really test once a week if that as it never changes. I tested phosphates this morning and it .01! Double checked it then used a Red Sea and was clear. I’ve never been in a spot that phosphates bottomed out. So now I guess I have to start dosing phosphates, I’ll feed a bit heavier until neophos arrives as I do not want dinos.
Nice! That's the one thing I haven't experienced yet on my tank, lower phosphates. Maybe I need to up my dosage and see if that helps? So how much are people dosing and how big is your tank?
I'm dosing 8mL a day of Evo and EasyBooster. I'm glad I just checked, because it's time to order two new bags. One of the other perks of dosing both, is my pod population is crazy, which I love. I've had a few people who've stopped by to pick up frags comment on how many were on the glass.

techdef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hah, seems like we're on similar programs (from the straton thread). EasySPS is solid stuff. I'm dosing live phyto from AlgaeBarn instead of Booster. Clam loves it. I havent seen the phosphate bonus - is that the booster or the easy?

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hah, seems like we're on similar programs (from the straton thread). EasySPS is solid stuff. I'm dosing live phyto from AlgaeBarn instead of Booster. Clam loves it. I havent seen the phosphate bonus - is that the booster or the easy?

Using both, not sure to be honest. I feed exactly the same every day with homemade food cut to size. Nothing else has changed. @Pablo Easyreefs do you know if one product or the other causes the reduced phosphates more or less?

I've always had higher phosphates and have been fine with it, food for the fish and snail for the little bit that may grow. Since upgrading the lights and adding booster/evo this is by and far the best coloration and growth I've had in a reef tank. I guess the growth is just eating up phosphates, I've never had to deal with this problem before

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice! That's the one thing I haven't experienced yet on my tank, lower phosphates. Maybe I need to up my dosage and see if that helps? So how much are people dosing and how big is your tank?
I'm dosing 8mL a day of Evo and EasyBooster. I'm glad I just checked, because it's time to order two new bags. One of the other perks of dosing both, is my pod population is crazy, which I love. I've had a few people who've stopped by to pick up frags comment on how many were on the glass.

9.5 of evo and 5.5 of booster on a 210 gallon tank plus sump. I have been upping it week over week dosed 12 times a day. I used from the ocean live rock and the only downside I found is you see some pest happy as well. I fully accepted them into the tank when I went live rock though. I'm probably at the recommended dose now.

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
9.5 of evo and 5.5 of booster on a 210 gallon tank plus sump. I have been upping it week over week dosed 12 times a day. I used from the ocean live rock and the only downside I found is you see some pest happy as well. I fully accepted them into the tank when I went live rock though. I'm probably at the recommended dose now.
Cool. I actually think I'm overdosing a bit, which may account for the increase in phosphates? I'm going to step it down a little and see if that helps? So I'll be at 5mL a day on a 90g heavy load sps tank.

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool. I actually think I'm overdosing a bit, which may account for the increase in phosphates? I'm going to step it down a little and see if that helps? So I'll be at 5mL a day on a 90g heavy load sps tank.

I never saw an increase in phosphates from dosing, .11-.15 was always the range my tank settled in, but I also started at a 1/4 of the recommended dose and increased from there

reefluvrr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dose 3ml booster and 3ml Evo SPS on my 60. I thought dosing booster adds phosphates and not drop Phosphates. Am I doing something wrong?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 161 57.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back