EasySPS food

lancesmith1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Or these if I can find them at HD or Lowes. If no

if not I will order a couple from BRS. These look like a good reusable long term solution.

Attachments

• 1612319817688.png
    1612319817688.png
    22.8 KB · Views: 35

ReefRondo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nope I did not get one and noting on the site said I needed to buy one either.

I find it weird I got a bag only first shipment as mentioned above and no way to dose it.

So I ordered the adaptor and decided to pay for 2 total 58.00 rather than pay for one and the 15.00 shipping totaling 42.00

So one bag 76.99 and 58.99 for the 2 adaptors.

If someone told me I needed the adaptor when I ordered a bag I would have saved myself roughly 30.00

Kinda irritated at this point the lack of communication, I sent an email that went unanswered before I ordered the adaptor someone here told me I needed the adaptor not the Coralview

There is not one pice of instructions for 138.00 for a single bag and 2 adaptors

Real fiasco for something that should be so easy no?

Now both adaptors are here nothing comes out of either LOL

So do you poke a hole it the rubber?

Also Nothing is coming on with the doser on high. Seems to be no hole in the rubber do I make one?
Here in the UK it is literally a gamble if the bag comes with the adaptor or not. I too didn’t get one with my first order of small bag or large bag for that matter but then my second big bag came with one!?! Very random and definitely needs mentioned on websites they are required or included. I have had amazing results in my frag tank with the stuff though and fully automated dosing with Neptune DOS...perfect.

rgrimaldi123

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Or these if I can find them at HD or Lowes. If no

if not I will order a couple from BRS. These look like a good reusable long term solution.
Do these actually thread on to the bag nozzle? If so that is definitely the best solution. My first try was to drill the cap and superglue a spigot on.

lancesmith1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Do these actually thread on to the bag nozzle? If so that is definitely the best solution. My first try was to drill the cap and superglue a spigot on.

No. the John Guest fitting at HD does not screw on properly. The threads on the bag are not pipe thread. It does go on the bag but does not fit 100%. I put a paper towel under the bag and it dripped once last night but seems to have stopped and sealed off. I am going to make do with these until I can get the one from Coral Vue. If I did it over I would try the irrigation fitting in the post above first.

Reef Dude

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After reading this thread, I ordered the EasySPS pro along with the nozzle to attach a doser to. I’m embarrassed to admit this, but after 15 years of reefing and all the equipment I’ve gone through, I just can’t get this product to work. I wrestled with this thing for a few hours today... which is silly because it is just a bag full of the liquid/gel.

I cannot get the product to dispense out through the nozzle. When I use the standard/factory installed nozzle or the add on nozzle for dosing, only a few drops comes out. After getting frustrated, I thought “I’ll just dump the bag out into another container and dose out of that” like I’ve seen some others on there do. That doesn’t work either... it seems to be too thick/clumpy.

I know this is listed as a “gel” food, so is it normal to be pretty clumpy/mushy? I feel like the clumps are preventing the product from dispensing out of the factory bag, and I also feel that this is likely why my dosing pump can’t suck it out of the container to dispense it.

Am I missing something? I’ve read through this thread, I’ve watched every video I can find, and I’ve looked through any product information I could find. I dropped a message to Coralvue, who I purchased this from, but they’re closed until Monday so I thought I’d check in here to see if anyone has any tip/tricks.

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
After reading this thread, I ordered the EasySPS pro along with the nozzle to attach a doser to. I’m embarrassed to admit this, but after 15 years of reefing and all the equipment I’ve gone through, I just can’t get this product to work. I wrestled with this thing for a few hours today... which is silly because it is just a bag full of the liquid/gel.

I cannot get the product to dispense out through the nozzle. When I use the standard/factory installed nozzle or the add on nozzle for dosing, only a few drops comes out. After getting frustrated, I thought “I’ll just dump the bag out into another container and dose out of that” like I’ve seen some others on there do. That doesn’t work either... it seems to be too thick/clumpy.

I know this is listed as a “gel” food, so is it normal to be pretty clumpy/mushy? I feel like the clumps are preventing the product from dispensing out of the factory bag, and I also feel that this is likely why my dosing pump can’t suck it out of the container to dispense it.

Am I missing something? I’ve read through this thread, I’ve watched every video I can find, and I’ve looked through any product information I could find. I dropped a message to Coralvue, who I purchased this from, but they’re closed until Monday so I thought I’d check in here to see if anyone has any tip/tricks.
Which bag, 250mL or 1500mL? For the big bag, remove the plastic strip that allows the two tabs to lift up, then remove the plastic cap on the outlet. Slide into the pro adapter, then screw the red cap clockwise, that's it. Prime your doser (manual dose until the liquid comes out.
A33B2308-C2A6-4271-B687-981900009578.jpeg

When inserted into the adapter, the tabs (wings) are lifted up, which allows the liquid/gel to pass. The pic above shows the security tab removed from the top portion, but the bottom port still has the cap on it, which gets removed before you insert into the adapter.

Reef Dude

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which bag, 250mL or 1500mL? For the big bag, remove the plastic strip that allows the two tabs to lift up, then remove the plastic cap on the outlet. Slide into the pro adapter, then screw the red cap clockwise, that's it. Prime your doser (manual dose until the liquid comes out.
A33B2308-C2A6-4271-B687-981900009578.jpeg

When inserted into the adapter, the tabs (wings) are lifted up, which allows the liquid/gel to pass. The pic above shows the security tab removed from the top portion, but the bottom port still has the cap on it, which gets removed before you insert into the adapter.
Thanks for taking the time to respond. I really appreciate it. Yes, I did all of that and only a couple drops came out. It’s the 1500 ml bag.

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks for taking the time to respond. I really appreciate it. Yes, I did all of that and only a couple drops came out. It’s the 1500 ml bag.
There could be a few air gaps in the line, so you may have to manually dose it until it's consistent? It's kinda thick stuff, but once it starts going, you should be okay.

stevethao

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the smaller bag and had to use an irrigation connector from Home Depot cuz CoralVue/EasyReefs is too cheap to add the adapters. Anyways, I did have to drill it out to make it bigger to allow the product to run through it. Try drilling the hole to make it bigger.

Reef Dude

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the smaller bag and had to use an irrigation connector from Home Depot cuz CoralVue/EasyReefs is too cheap to add the adapters. Anyways, I did have to drill it out to make it bigger to allow the product to run through it. Try drilling the hole to make it bigger.
Good suggestion, and thanks. However, in my case, the dosing pumps (I tried several different ones I had around) wouldn’t pull the globs/clumps/liquid even when I dumped the whole bag into another container to completely bypass/troubleshoot the bag’s dispensing system. I tried to prime the lines for like 5 minutes straight and the product refused to go up the dosing line. On a side note, the barbed fitting on the $27 dosing valve add-on broke of within having it hooked up for 5 minutes. Definitely not my day lol.

I just tried to dispense some manually (I put the product back in the original bag it came in) and it seemed to be coming out a little easier. I’m wondering if the cold weather during shipping makes this stuff gunk up (I live in the northeast and tried to use the product a couple hours after receiving the shipment from the FedEx truck).

Either way, this isn’t a critical issue. Just annoying. I look forward to see if Coralvue can help me when they’re back in the office next week. I was excited to try this out, so it is a bit of a bummer.

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Good suggestion, and thanks. However, in my case, the dosing pumps (I tried several different ones I had around) wouldn’t pull the globs/clumps/liquid even when I dumped the whole bag into another container to completely bypass/troubleshoot the bag’s dispensing system. I tried to prime the lines for like 5 minutes straight and the product refused to go up the dosing line. On a side note, the barbed fitting on the $27 dosing valve add-on broke of within having it hooked up for 5 minutes. Definitely not my day lol.

I just tried to dispense some manually (I put the product back in the original bag it came in) and it seemed to be coming out a little easier. I’m wondering if the cold weather during shipping makes this stuff gunk up (I live in the northeast and tried to use the product a couple hours after receiving the shipment from the FedEx truck).

Either way, this isn’t a critical issue. Just annoying. I look forward to see if Coralvue can help me when they’re back in the office next week. I was excited to try this out, so it is a bit of a bummer.
Yeah, if it's still cold, that can definitely be an issue, but once it's back to room temp it should be fine. What dosing pump are you using? They're not all created equal and it may not have enough oomf to pull it?

Reef Dude

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, if it's still cold, that can definitely be an issue, but once it's back to room temp it should be fine. What dosing pump are you using? They're not all created equal and it may not have enough oomf to pull it?
I tried a bubble magus doser, a Neptune dos, and a brs one (I think it does 50 ish ml per minute). I wish I would have thought of the cold issue sooner. Would have saved me a lot of troubleshooting and possibly ruining the batch since I opened the bag. I mean, the bag didn’t feel cold or anything, but maybe it took a while for the contents to warm back up.

lancesmith1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My BM is dosing it ok.

- I just noticed after starting dosing the booster 4 days ago I am getting zero dust/algae build up on the glass. I assume my phosphates are dropping like others have mentioned.

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tested mine this morning with slamming food to the tank and was .05, I like it around .11-.15

while I have decent polyp extension and things are growing I can tell the color of the LPS is a little on the lighter side, I may end up just dosing phosphates

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

• I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

• I don’t have macroalgae.

• Other.

Back