EasySPS food

Vamsi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So seeing this thread I just ordered EasySPS EVO and ReefBoster, my tank is 200 Gallons total. And based on the dosing instructions

EasySPS EVO Initial dose: 1 ml per day for every 250 L of tank water. So that would translate to 250 Litres to Gallons = 66. So going with that , 200/66 = 3 ml of starting dose and ramp it up from there

Easybooster should be used in increasing weekly doses as per the following protocol:
For an aquarium with 1,000 gross litres
1st week: 2ml / day
2nd week: 4 ml / day
3rd week: 6 ml / day
4th week: 8 ml / day (basic or maintenance dose).

So 1000 litres = 264 gallons, so I just start with 1-2 ml per day on week one ?

Does that sound right?

Thank you

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So seeing this thread I just ordered EasySPS EVO and ReefBoster, my tank is 200 Gallons total. And based on the dosing instructions

EasySPS EVO Initial dose: 1 ml per day for every 250 L of tank water. So that would translate to 250 Litres to Gallons = 66. So going with that , 200/66 = 3 ml of starting dose and ramp it up from there

Easybooster should be used in increasing weekly doses as per the following protocol:
For an aquarium with 1,000 gross litres
1st week: 2ml / day
2nd week: 4 ml / day
3rd week: 6 ml / day
4th week: 8 ml / day (basic or maintenance dose).

So 1000 litres = 264 gallons, so I just start with 1-2 ml per day on week one ?

Does that sound right?

Thank you
Looks good to me. I usually start under the recommended dose (for most things) then increase slowly. In your size tank, you'll be fine starting at the recommended dose and go on from there. Just check alk N & P when you start and see if there are any changes as you progress.

Vamsi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks good to me. I usually start under the recommended dose (for most things) then increase slowly. In your size tank, you'll be fine starting at the recommended dose and go on from there. Just check alk N & P when you start and see if there are any changes as you progress.
Thank you for looking into this.

Vamsi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got my delivery of easy SPS and Booster this afternoon. But for some reason I thought the accessory to dispense the liquids would be included. and that was an oversight on my end. So I googled for EasyConnect 25, and the only place it was listed was on the coralvue website(And not sure how much they would ask for shipping as the order is below USD50.) It is out of stock in there, where can I get it from here. I see it is listed on other websites but it is somewhere in Europe. Any advice ?

Thanks.

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I got my delivery of easy SPS and Booster this afternoon. But for some reason I thought the accessory to dispense the liquids would be included. and that was an oversight on my end. So I googled for EasyConnect 25, and the only place it was listed was on the coralvue website(And not sure how much they would ask for shipping as the order is below USD50.) It is out of stock in there, where can I get it from here. I see it is listed on other websites but it is somewhere in Europe. Any advice ?

Thanks.
What size bags? If it's the 250ml bags, then you can simply drill a small hole in the cap and push the tubing through and use a little silicon to seal it. The 1500mL bags are different animal, those need the pro adaptor.

Vamsi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What size bags? If it's the 250ml bags, then you can simply drill a small hole in the cap and push the tubing through and use a little silicon to seal it. The 1500mL bags are different animal, those need the pro adaptor.
250 ml Bags, Thank you. I will follow your advice. Don't we need to allow some air to get in as well ? Wondering if eventually vacuum will be created. Thank you.

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
250 ml Bags, Thank you. I will follow your advice. Don't we need to allow some air to get in as well ? Wondering if eventually vacuum will be created. Thank you.
The vacuum is ok, it sucks the bag down keeping the food available

stevethao

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought this. Drilled a hole slightly smaller that the barb and forced it in. No silicone needed! Doesn’t drip.

68BC5548-69F8-4354-9F8C-C20134BA0624.png

stevethao

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Although I can not understand for the life of me, why they don’t just include the dang adapter!!! Charge a little more for the product and include the dang adapter! Don’t let consumers buy the dang thing, forget the adapter, then make them wait to order the adapter. It’s dumb. Sorry for the rant haha.

Markxc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
is there a consensus on best time of day to dose the booster and the evo?

1guydude

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Too many pages but i will come back and do some reading. Coral foods are something that in recent yrs have really taken off. I think with the advances in lights and filtration it makes sense that we will need to add food or builder for the coral. People feed larger brain corals mysis and even table shrimp... why not feed all those smaller heads of the sps corals? Lol.
Very intresting...
D

lancesmith1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just got my 250ml bag of Easy SPS with no adapter. I will fab something up tomorrow. How are guys positioning the bag? Are you sitting it on its base with the cap on top and just sucking it out or are you hanging it somehow cap down?

dadnjesse

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I was using the 1500 ml bags where they drained from the bottom, I haven't been able to find those in stock anymore and also got the 250 ml bags. The same as you I can't find the adapters for those. I would like to know if you figure it out.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 32.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 24.4%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 16 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back