EasySPS food

Reef_in_Denver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so a few days in, and things are good so far. Still low on the dose, but I would say if anything polyp extension has increased a bit over the last few days. Water is a tad cloudier due to more particles introduced by this.

@Pablo Easyreefs - What are your thoughts on running a Carbon reactor while using EasySPS and Easy Booster? Any concerns?

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so a few days in, and things are good so far. Still low on the dose, but I would say if anything polyp extension has increased a bit over the last few days. Water is a tad cloudier due to more particles introduced by this.

@Pablo Easyreefs - What are your thoughts on running a Carbon reactor while using EasySPS and Easy Booster? Any concerns?

I'm curious about this too, I'm running bags that I change out weekly right now to combat some chemical warfare from my leathers, looking at switching to a reactor and didn't think twice about it until you asked this.... curious if carbon negates any of the benefits now....

I've been running bags since before I started their products last month and I noticed an improvement with all corals after addition of easysps and easybooster. So if the carbon has an effect on them, I can say for sure it doesn't completely wipe them out.

Luis Easyreefs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I'm curious about this too, I'm running bags that I change out weekly right now to combat some chemical warfare from my leathers, looking at switching to a reactor and didn't think twice about it until you asked this.... curious if carbon negates any of the benefits now....

I've been running bags since before I started their products last month and I noticed an improvement with all corals after addition of easysps and easybooster. So if the carbon has an effect on them, I can say for sure it doesn't completely wipe them out.

As @minus9 suggest, you are completely safe using our products and keeping the Carbon reactor working. It won't affect the benefits of using this product.

moreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I just got the larger bag of easy sps and it doesn’t have the fitting to use with dosing pump. Why wouldn’t they include this? Website wants like $27 for little piece of plastic! Seriously!! $88 or whatever it cost me is a lot of money for coral food imo and they are too cheap to include this with product advertised as to be used with dosing pump! Guess I have to keep filing smaller bag but still cheap AF imo

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got the larger bag of easy sps and it doesn’t have the fitting to use with dosing pump. Why wouldn’t they include this? Website wants like $27 for little piece of plastic! Seriously!! $88 or whatever it cost me is a lot of money for coral food imo and they are too cheap to include this with product advertised as to be used with dosing pump! Guess I have to keep filing smaller bag but still cheap AF imo

i've had 2 bags lose the connector and leak all over, I know its not recommended; however, I decided to put it all in the dosing containers I already had after the last time. I love the product and I don't want to stop using it but the bags just don't like me ahahaha

drawman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am ready for pictures of users that have had nice tanks before starting and then pictures after feeding this stuff to show what the product does.
I am still confused on how coral alone is going to reduce nutrients from feeding this product. Even a tank with decent colonies shouldn’t be able to dramatically reduce nutrients from just an added food source to the coral. Also wondering how it’s preserved as well.
Makes me wonder if there is a carbon source in the mix maybe citric acid?

I'm with @Pedoconfuego I would love to see some before and after pics of acros using this product.

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any special connections needed? I know kamoer likes to use a non standard tube size.

If you're using from the bag you need a connector to work with any doser (standard airline tubing size), theres one for the smaller bags that is about $7 and the one for the pros runs about $25ish. I tried that way but I didn't have a convenient place to hang the bags and the connector kept randomly coming apart on me and wasting product. I use with a different dosing container and it's still the standard small airline tubing size for the x1.

Reef_in_Denver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My stuff is definitely growing faster since using this. Encrusting is taking off. Nice growth and colors. I also got a polyp lab lens during this time of you can't tell :)

Day 1 April 1:
IMG_20200401_195830.jpg

April 11:
IMG_20200411_125621.jpg

Last edited:

LARedstickreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you're using from the bag you need a connector to work with any doser (standard airline tubing size), theres one for the smaller bags that is about $7 and the one for the pros runs about $25ish. I tried that way but I didn't have a convenient place to hang the bags and the connector kept randomly coming apart on me and wasting product. I use with a different dosing container and it's still the standard small airline tubing size for the x1.

Okay, so you put this gel into another container? So either I need to find some reducing barb, or I’ll need to put this gel into another container?

Why does Kamoer have to use such a small tubing size...

Anyone been using the phytoplankton?

xiaoxiy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Easy booster is a combo product, right?
EasyBooster is their phyto combination gel. I dose it in combination with my EasySPS in equal dosages.

Has dosing EasyBooster/EasySPS made a difference in my tank? I have no idea, but I like how my corals (especially acros) are both looking and growing though. It's also super easy to dose and the cost only comes out to approximately 50 cents a day, or ~$15 a month for both products with the big bags.

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use both as well. Not sure which of the two makes the difference but all my corals are doing better since I started both and I'll continue to use both. I dose a little less of the easybooster per the instructions.

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay, so you put this gel into another container? So either I need to find some reducing barb, or I’ll need to put this gel into another container?

Why does Kamoer have to use such a small tubing size...

Anyone been using the phytoplankton?

Yeah, I had dosing containers from when I did 3 part dosing. I switched to all-for-reef so two chambers were empty anyway, those now house my easy booster and easysps. As much as I loved the idea of just using straight from the bag it really wasn't working in my setup. If you buy the connectors from them they fit perfectly to the x1 tubing.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 100 86.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back