EasySPS food

rureef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
[QUOTE = "Пабло Easyreefs, должность: 6976137, участник: 133248"]
Screenshot_20200122-131410_Word.jpg

Hi Pablo, as far as I can see in the first picture the location of the hole for the connector, the doser wont be able to use the big volume of the product as the level of EasySPS will drop lower than the hole for the adapter. What do you think, whether the product will be used up, (used till the end - the bag empty)?

Luis Easyreefs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just hooked up easysps with brs doser and wondering if running the tube into tank is ok? I have the tube stuck into the cage of mp40 to be positive it spreads it around tank. Does this sound ok or should I just have it drip into return section?
2100E393-F68B-4E82-959A-83BDF281AAFE.jpeg

Hello,

This is OK but as @Mical is pointing out, it could back siphon as the density of the Easysps EVO is higher than the density of water.

In order to solve this, we recommend creating a curve in the dosing tube inside the water so that the bottom part will be at the same level of the base of the return pump and then there will be a small part of the tube raising until it connects with the inlet of the return pump.

Another simple solution will be to use a non-return valve.

Let me know if the above mentioned makes sense for you!

Luis Easyreefs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Being able to store this at room temp is awesome!

That said, I am a little skeptical about what's actually in this gel ie preservatives or anything else that might accumulate in my tank. They say healthy people shop grocery store parameters where those goods generally require refrigeration, and avoid preservative laden products in the middle isles. Maybe someone can put me at ease by describing what's in this and how a 18 month shelf life is achieved.

Hello,
and thank you for your question.

Our products are naturally preserved and therefore don't contain any artificial preservative that may affect the reef tanks in any way.

As you may know, there are many different ways and processes to preserve goods without adding any chemical additives.

Luis Easyreefs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was having difficulty getting sps to acclimate happily in my tank since I upgraded to the larger one, after adding easysps and easybooster everyone who was struggling is coloring back up - and newbies are adapting very well. I plan to continue with both. I'm still ramping up to the full recommended dosage, and have only been using for about two weeks - I already see results.

I am glad to hear your feed back and would love to know more about the developments in your aquarium after using Easybooster and Easysps after one month! ;Shamefullyembarrased;Shamefullyembarrased

Luis Easyreefs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
[QUOTE = "Пабло Easyreefs, должность: 6976137, участник: 133248"]
Screenshot_20200122-131410_Word.jpg

Hi Pablo, as far as I can see in the first picture the location of the hole for the connector, the doser wont be able to use the big volume of the product as the level of EasySPS will drop lower than the hole for the adapter. What do you think, whether the product will be used up, (used till the end - the bag empty)?

Hello,

Actually when using our Easyconnect as you can see in the picture, the bag will slowly compress as the product goes out with each dose. This way its content will be mostly used when using it along with a dosing pump.

Luis Easyreefs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am ready for pictures of users that have had nice tanks before starting and then pictures after feeding this stuff to show what the product does.
I am still confused on how coral alone is going to reduce nutrients from feeding this product. Even a tank with decent colonies shouldn’t be able to dramatically reduce nutrients from just an added food source to the coral. Also wondering how it’s preserved as well.

Hello,

Actually, it is due to the expected increase in the growth of your corals after using the product that we recommend to keep an eye on the Kh and Ca levels.

Luis Easyreefs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you tell me more about how they are naturally preserved? Is it just the gel and nothing else? What's the gel made of?

Hello,

Please understand that this is an information that I am not allowed to share, as this is an owned technology of our company.

However, you may consider that there are many different methods for natural preservation as for example; brines, prickles, smoked and pasteurization among others.

TexasReefer82

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What sets EasySPS apart from products such as Red Sea Reef Energy AB+? This is also a complete nutrition program. Could these be used together?

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What sets EasySPS apart from products such as Red Sea Reef Energy AB+? This is also a complete nutrition program. Could these be used together?

I'll be honest, I haven't tried the new Red Sea AB+. I still target feed my corals 2x a week with other food sources so I imagine as long as you're cautious you could use both. Just be careful not to overload on nutrients and cause a spike.

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I should add - I don't think it's necessary that I do, but I figure a little variety doesn't hurt. I was super sick for a week and didn't do anything additional, just let my doser handle with easysps and easybooster, I saw no ill effects from not doing my extra feeding that week.

TexasReefer82

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a few acropora frags that were initially growing and encrusting well but then paled/browned out and I've even lost a couple. I think the reason is lack of nutrition since I wasn't feeding anything specifically for corals - just fish food - and my tank is generally overskimmed. I'm hoping to nurse these acros back to health with an appropriate nutrition program.

It seems some acropora do well in nutrient poor tanks but others need heterotrophic nutrition.

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
EasySPS is the only coral nutrition product that claims (and apparently does) lower phosphates. That's very interesting to me. The biggest limitation of foods like Reef Roids is that they contain a lot of phosphate. Perhaps these could be synergistic.

Yeah i avoid reef roids now, I use benereef, coral feast, or goldpods as my supplemental generally.

I have a few acropora frags that were initially growing and encrusting well but then paled/browned out and I've even lost a couple. I think the reason is lack of nutrition since I wasn't feeding anything specifically for corals - just fish food - and my tank is generally overskimmed. I'm hoping to nurse these acros back to health with an appropriate nutrition program.

It seems some acropora do well in nutrient poor tanks but others need heterotrophic nutrition.

I had zero success in ulns with acros. Might have just been me. I made a lot of changes this year. I gave up on ULNS and upped my nutrients in general. I started on both easysps and easybooster in autodosers, as well as all-for-reef autodosed, and I switched my aminos to KZ. There is a significant change in coloration daily as my sad brown sps come back to life and start growing. My zoas never cared either way, and my LPS are starting to grow happily again.

Back