EasySPS food

Big E

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
wich products give similar ratio?
There are way too many to list but Coral Frenzy Powder and Oyster feast come to mind. Almost any reef company has their own food.

There are a ton of whole live pod foods available as well which to me is even better. You stock your tank with live pods, they breed and then the micro plankton they produce is a much more natural food and you don't get a P04 spike.

The phyto would still be part of the cycle creating food for live micro pods.

There are many companies that sell this type of live food like Algae Barn.

There isn't any scientific evidence that SPS consume a certain micron size so I'm not even sure how important size is but even hatched brine shrimp is plenty small enough. I believe Sps rely more on absorption than actual prey capture, but that is a whole other discussion.

LIke I said this product's sell is convenience but it's not even close to the only one out there that can be hooked up to a doser.

Anyone can also smash up their own raw foods and create a slurry for corals.
These will probably cause more of a P04 spike but there have been plenty of people that did this going back 10- 15 years or so. Blue Coral method was very popular back then.

Micron coral foods have been around for a few decades.

Again, I'm not knocking Easy Sps...........if it works that's great.

LAX Noob Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
Well, started to manual dose yesterday with easy sps & booster pro. I realize that the location of the tank get way too hot at 90-95F during day, so I'm not really comfortable leaving it to doser. Will these go bad in hot temp? Tank is in garage, but like I said it get freaking hot here in Cali.

BAUCE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just upgraded to the big bag and realized I have to go back and buy yet another separate connector. $30 for this connector is hilarious. It would be nice if Coralvue at least put the connector on the same page as the bags so I dont have to wait around after buying them separately.

LAX Noob Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
Interesting enough, with dosing both of these + Acropower, I'm still getting 0.00 PPM NO3 / PO4 0.01-0.03. Going to increase dosage starting this week.

BrianReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That's right, we do it in our laboratory internally. Our products habitually take 1-2 years to hit the market while the product is formulated and tested before it is sold.

How can we help you?

I am currently participating in the research on heterotrophy in the sexual reproduction of coral and using in some easysps plots, I hope that the information will be published.
I have heard rumors that the 1500ml bag will no longer be carried in the US, can you please confirm/deny if that is true?

t5Nitro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting enough, with dosing both of these + Acropower, I'm still getting 0.00 PPM NO3 / PO4 0.01-0.03. Going to increase dosage starting this week.
I thought the tendency was for nutrients to go lower with phyto? Are you increasing to drive phos lower? Asking since I have the 1500ml bags running 2ml a day on a doser and also dosing live phyto. Only keeping the easyreef stuff going since I already bought it. My nutrients are same as yours and really difficult to raise them despite no water changes.

BAUCE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Because it’s food and if you feed/use too much, then you’ll get a bump in PO4. EasyBooster is phyto, which in theory, could lower your P if not overdosed.
Yeah mine certainly dropped after starting this stuff. Im actually trying to raise PO4 right now and didnt think dosing more would increase nutrients?

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yeah mine certainly dropped after starting this stuff. Im actually trying to raise PO4 right now and didnt think dosing more would increase nutrients?
There is a point where dosing will exceed the demand and you'll get a bump in nutrients, but it's going to be different for each tank.

hhaase

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I unfortunately ran into some other issues while trying out the EasySPS EVO and Booster, so I can't say for sure if my tank had any benefit from it or not. Super easy though to use it with a dosing pump, I wish more foods were packaged this way.

But I'm still going to discontinue using both products. I can't find 1,500ml sizes anywhere, and for my tank it's just too expensive to use the 250ml pouches. I don't want to commit to using a feeding method that I can't maintain stock on.

PNWReefer21

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No issue for me, mine runs about 7.5'
Wow that's crazy long. So I have a spare jebao dosing pump that's not very accurate with such small amounts. Do people recommend a more accurate pump or can I get away with it?

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow that's crazy long. So I have a spare jebao dosing pump that's not very accurate with such small amounts. Do people recommend a more accurate pump or can I get away with it?

I don't see an issue with that pump unless you are talking about nano tank size type dosing, it's food, start slow.

Mical

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hate to say this but I'm discontinuing using Easy SPS. I saw instant results when I started using it almost a year ago but recently I found the dosing lines & dosing pump plugged SOLID. The stuff in the lines was rock hard. I have enough on my "maintenance plate" currently and replacing dosing lines & pumps are not included.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back