OP
flyfisher2

flyfisher2

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And it'll no doubt pay for itself and then some as far as reducing the amount of normal sediment cartridges you would go through

Before I forget, I don't know exactly what booster pump is coming on the new unit you ordered, but it should state a minimum operating pressure so as long as you are above that with the filters then no worries. If you can't reach the minimum you will need to increase the filtration size (instead of an absolute 0.2 try 0.5 micron) in order to hit your minimum operating pressure, or eliminate the second sediment all together and stick to a single 1 micron sediment.

Either way I will help you figure it one when that unit arrives next week. Just didn't want to forget to mention this!
I just watched a video about the RO/DI unit and got a closeup of the pump. Don't know if this info helps in what you're saying... Open Flow: 1.51 /m
Voltage: 24 Volts
Current: 0.75 A
Bypass: 110 PSI

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Choloramines not showing up on chlorine test strips was never mentioned. ;)

to be fair, you asked did the OP ask their water company about Chloloramime, as said they answered that on page 2, maybe the reason no one asked about chloramines showing up on test strips was because they read post 22 where the OP said they didn't have Choloramines ;)

Woodyman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just watched a video about the RO/DI unit and got a closeup of the pump. Don't know if this info helps in what you're saying... Open Flow: 1.51 /m
Voltage: 24 Volts
Current: 0.75 A
Bypass: 110 PSI
I'll see if I can find a model number on marine depot today. Give me a few.

OP
OP
flyfisher2

flyfisher2

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I looked and didn't see anything other than what I found. Apparently its a Vertex product. The RO/DI instructions has no details about it. No biggie, if all goes as planned it should arrive tomorrow, even though it shows as sitting at marine depot with a created label. LOL

DrZoidburg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
City psi is really variable. During the day 60 ish for example but at night when no one is using water it can go to 150 psi easy. Night is usually when pipes burst. Not really a lack of psi there. With out knowing city water psi. The only way you can really dial it in is with a combination of the restrictor, built in psi gauge, pressure switch, and pump bypass. 60 city psi on outflow is going to add to whatever psi the pump is set at 60 again as an example. It would be 120, hits the by pass and is now 110. At 110 psi flow rate also goes down to maybe 1L/min. Would need to look at the datasheet of pump to be sure. Should be a model number right on it. Do you have a pressure switch? If so what does it shut off at. Both pump and switch can be adjusted with an allen wrench. Doing all that would mean you could use whatever sediment filter you wanted. It doesn't change much anyway for the smaller microns. Would just have to dial it in for best membrane rejection. For those membranes your looking for 80 to 100 psi across them. 110 psi wont blow your membrane but might have leaky connections and lower flow. Can't really say for sure on my end what output psi will be with out knowing city water psi or pump model. It is adjustable though.

KStatefan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
City psi is really variable. During the day 60 ish for example but at night when no one is using water it can go to 150 psi easy. Night is usually when pipes burst. Not really a lack of psi there. With out knowing city water psi. The only way you can really dial it in is with a combination of the restrictor, built in psi gauge, pressure switch, and pump bypass. 60 city psi on outflow is going to add to whatever psi the pump is set at 60 again as an example. It would be 120, hits the by pass and is now 110. At 110 psi flow rate also goes down to maybe 1L/min. Would need to look at the datasheet of pump to be sure. Should be a model number right on it. Do you have a pressure switch? If so what does it shut off at. Both pump and switch can be adjusted with an allen wrench. Doing all that would mean you could use whatever sediment filter you wanted. It doesn't change much anyway for the smaller microns. Would just have to dial it in for best membrane rejection. For those membranes your looking for 80 to 100 psi across them. 110 psi wont blow your membrane but might have leaky connections and lower flow. Can't really say for sure on my end what output psi will be with out knowing city water psi or pump model. It is adjustable though.

You should have a regulator on your incoming water line. Source water should not be more than 80 psi. I would expect all sorts of problems at 150 psi

Woodyman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I looked and didn't see anything other than what I found. Apparently its a Vertex product. The RO/DI instructions has no details about it. No biggie, if all goes as planned it should arrive tomorrow, even though it shows as sitting at marine depot with a created label. LOL

Yep I tried I can't find anything specific for the unit you purchased

Woodyman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hopefully have more answers to all your queries by tomorrow. I do have the pressure switch outside but I believe the new RO has a microprocessor controlled one?
yep it appears it does, I read through the instruction manual on Marine Depot's site.

Woodyman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hopefully have more answers to all your queries by tomorrow. I do have the pressure switch outside but I believe the new RO has a microprocessor controlled one?
You can use the one you have to monitor your incoming feed pressure, then run your source water though the sediment/carbon, and then you will have the other pressure monitor on the outflow of the pump. If we need to adjust your pressure from there we can, just have to wait and see once it all arrives and gets hooked up.

Woodyman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yep it appears it does, I read through the instruction manual on Marine Depot's site.
Good choice Woodyman! Does it make coffee in the morning too? LOL
No! but it does say it performs a flush every 2 hours, although I'm not a huge fan of only flushing for 15 seconds, but its better than a manual flush that doesn't get used... :p

OP
OP
flyfisher2

flyfisher2

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No! but it does say it performs a flush every 2 hours, although I'm not a huge fan of only flushing for 15 seconds, but its better than a manual flush that doesn't get used... :p
I’m loving that feature. I’m the ‘when I remember guy’
That’s gotta be better than my method

OP
OP
flyfisher2

flyfisher2

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay so my daughter is home.
Had to do something!
LOL
We put the saddle and the water supply for the RO unit in.
And no leaks!
RO should be here tomorrow
It’s Christmas in July!!!
MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!

C600D2F6-C7F4-4A9B-B50A-5CA49F4E470F.jpeg

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back