OP
Mandalorian

Mandalorian

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tds is no reading zero. I resat the membranes, after reading another thread where leak through was an issue. To be in the safe side I hooked up a fifth stage DI. So total of 3 DI resin beds. Hopefully clean water now.

Attachments

• IMG_6955.jpeg
    IMG_6955.jpeg
    125.6 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_6954.jpeg
    IMG_6954.jpeg
    103.8 KB · Views: 21

Buckeye Hydro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is your water hardness? To my knowledge, like Buckeye Hydro, your vendor does not plumb membranes in series with no knowledge of the feedwater quality - we leave that to another not-so-well informed vendor.

Is the check valve after your permeate tubes join installed backward? Look for an arrow molded into the body to indicated correct direction of water flow.

Are your DI carts 100% tightly packed full with resin? Is the change to orange you're seeing at the top or at the bottom of the DI cartridge?

Russ

Last edited:

Ancient Aviator

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the same issue with really bad numbers AFTER changing everything: the sediment filter, carbon filter, DI canister and membrane. I flushed them all properly during the change-out. It just didn't make sense.

I removed each filter to inspect and re-seated each properly. The two filters looked fine. However upon removing my DI cartridge from the canister I found it had NOT seated properly when I first installed it, and I had severely damaged the top seal/washer on the DI cartridge. I'm sure water was simply bypassing the DI cartridge...or at least a lot of water was, thus giving me the HI TDS numbers. I ordered a replacement pre-packed DI cartridge BRS. So...it was operator error...I created the problem by not properly seating the DI cartridge inside the canister.

My RO/DI unit "leans" downward a bit from its own weight on its metal frame, so it's difficult to properly seat the filters/cartridge without supporting the entire unit to KEEP IT LEVEL during the install. I've since devised a support to do that while I'm doing maintenance on the unit. It makes a HUGE difference...SO much easier to get the cartridges and filter properly seated!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back