Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Schematics below.

RODI Schematic - single RO.PNG
RODI Schematic - dual RO.PNG
THANKS A MILLION!!! Looks great and easy to follow. This should be put out there for others to have as a reference.

Woodyman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are getting that much sediment i would recommend a whole house sediment filter.
I'd even say use 2 sediments for the RO vs the 1. I'd run a 1 micron followed by a 0.5 micron or smaller.

Woodyman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
THANKS A MILLION!!! Looks great and easy to follow. This should be put out there for others to have as a reference.
Your welcome, I have it has a pdf I can email to you if you needed. I didn't see a way to attach a PDF only images so I just made a screenshot.

Woodyman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was thinking along those lines as well. How about multiple Carbon filters?
I'd still stick with the 2 carbons, or as previously suggested you could always swap to a big blue.

Woodyman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL... that thing is massive. I'm sure it's great but I really don't have the room. She'd put ME to sleep in the laundry room.
In that case 2 carbons, and add another sediment prior to the first.

Woodyman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The items in BOLD/RED are the ones I am currently using in my setup. I don't have chloramines in my water supply so I don't use the Chloramine carbon block, in best practice I should but out of full disclosure I wanted you to know what I actually have in my system as well, as a note, I have the ZetaZorb 0.2 Micron filters, but its not actively used in my system yet, I still need to mount that housing after the move, but then it will be, I've used the 0.35 and the 0.5 in the past as well though. I feel like the ZetaZorb lasts longer and is worth the extra couple bucks if you want to go lower than a 0.5 micron.

I go with the BRS Cation/Anion since they are color changing, I just like the added visual to go along with my in-line TDS meters. I also run 2 of the RO's.

3.PNG

Woodyman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
*Edit* Thought I edited my post above, instead I quoted it. Removed for clarity.

Woodyman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know if I would put that much restriction before pump. You could burn it out.
We will need to see what his pressure is prior to pump on the new system and adjust filters accordingly. This was meant as a general schematic of plumbing for his new setup.

Burning a pump is not something we are trying to accomplish!

Woodyman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just enough pre filter to block the stuff that will damage pump, and not impact flow over time.
Depending on source water yes. Sounds like @flyfisher2 gets a fair amount of sand and slit in his water and if it's too the point that it's visible when he changes out cartridges I wouldn't recommend a spin as the sole sediment prior to carbon and RO.

A spin down would help his situation though while minimizing impact on flow.

Woodyman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just enough pre filter to block the stuff that will damage pump, and not impact flow over time.
Is that just a sieve style pre filter, doesn't look like a typical spin down after opening the image

Woodyman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Think of it like putting a sponge over the intake on a hang on the back style filter. They are meant to catch any larger particulates that could damage the pump while minimizing impact on flow through the pump.

Woodyman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its a real fine mesh for small stuff like that. I would have to depressurize everything to take a picture hah.
They are great too have with high sediment source water, and as long as you don't damage the sieve you essentially have 0 upkeep costs with the units since the filters are reusable.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 71 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 63 33.5%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.3%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.5%
Back