eb8 problem, anyone seen this before??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

JS_racer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Say, new to me apex classic, (1-2 weeks for me) every once in a while, the amps goes to 0, and the outlets seems to stay in the state they were my heater turns off at say 78, but this has happened a few times before. Alarms went off at 81 degrees, can probably lower that anyways. Thoughts or ideas how to correct this?? I have another aquabus cable, and 2 additional eb8, 1 of the 2 extremely new. . I went with 2 used classics, vs 2 El or full 16 apex, this was an update to my 2 aquacontroller, that never had an issue. Trying to get a handle on the issue, any thoughts or ideas on what to try, or what the issue might be? Thanks the amps back showing and temp dropping was after me rebooting things.

I unplugged the eb8, then after plugging back in things were not running, unplugged the brain, then things came back to life. I switched aquabus ports on the brain.

I set up #8 outlet today, as a heater test, and moved my new 300w finnex titanium heater there, not sure if it can/could cause issues. But have to try something.

I had an issue before with the eb8 plugged into a power strip. The display would show the commanded changes, but the eb8 didn't respond. Plugged into the wall, was working well for days. The display is plugged into the eb8, I could see the status of the display change but the eb8 wouldn’t control the outlet.

Seems I should put my inkbird heater controller inline, for safety and redundancy.
Any ideas, things to try, or hunches sure would help tons.

attachment

Screenshot%20%28149%29.png

link81

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sounds like the eb8 is losing communication with the brain. try new AB ports, try a new AB cable, also make sure you are using the latest firmware for both. (Do not update over wifi)

OP
OP
J

JS_racer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
got ya, thanks.
i tried a few different ports, swapped the 2 cables it came with.
firmware says latest on both

thejuice24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Something similar just happened to me today.... lost both my EB8 and EB832, and the PM2 module connected to the EB8. Some things kept running but my heaters stopped working.

I opened a ticket with support. Seems like since all these firmware release for Trition came out things have gotten unstable. - IMO

Capture.PNG

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 95 88.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back