Eb832 not supplying power

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Technewb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I unplugged my skimmer from the eb832 and plugged it back in. Now its not supplying any power to any outlets. I checked the breaker, unplugged it, I have test single equipment thinking one is bad but nope, no power at all. All lights are on just no power. When i plug in power to eb832 the return pump starts up and then power is gone. Eb832 seems to turn off power after a few seconds its reconnected. I have a Eb8 that is connected and running my equipments right now. What else to do, I really dont want to reboot the whole apex system.

Akersta

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had something similar going on with my 832 after a power outage a few weeks back. It could be an issue with the 832 itself or an electrical short. Try unplugging all devices on the unit and unplugging all aquabus cables. With everything unplugged, press in the circuit breaker on the back side of the 832. Then try unplugging the 832 from the wall outlet for 30 seconds. Now you can reconnect the aquabus cables and plug in one device at a time into the 832.

OP
OP
Technewb

Technewb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All lights are on and I have tried the breaker with nothing plugged in, unplugged it for 30 min, tried plugging different equipment one at a time, still no power coming to the outlets. Have a red alert icon on the eb832. All equipments are working on an eb8. This is practically a 2 month old apex el. Im still learning this thing.

Screenshot_20190307-191925_Apex Fusion.jpg

Muttley000

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess at this point I would open a ticket with Neptune support or check out there support forums (which are quite good) and look for a similar issue.

vhuang168

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unplug everything from the EB832.

Unplug the EB832 from the wall.

Look under the unit for the breaker. If it is sticking out, push it back in. (you mentioned a breaker, I'm not sure you are talking about the house breaker or the one on the EB832)

Plug the EB832 back into the wall.

Does it power up? Are you still getting the red warning icon?

If no waring icon, plug 1 thing at a time into the EB832, turn that on and see if the EB832 trips.

If you are still getting the warning icon, move the EB8 to the EXACT same outlet (some outlets have 2 plugs, use the exact same plug). Does it power up?

If the EB8 sends power using the exact same outlet and the EB832 still has the red icon, then contact support.

OP
OP
Technewb

Technewb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I left the eb832 on all night and left my tank camera connected to it. Woke up this morning and noticed my camera had power, so i connected my skimmer to it and all it did was make clicking noise and turn off/on/off. I connected to another outlet on the eb832 and its working but my fusion is still not reading amps or voltages being used. Still has the voltage error icon. Keeps making clicking noises if connecter to certain outlet on the 832. Guess its rma time. Sigh, who would have guess that disconnecting an equipment could cause such headache for a 2month old apex system. Good thing i bought a used eb8 for backup. Tested all methods mentioned above already.

mjt82

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ended up sending it in and they replaced the board under warrenty. Been working great ever since.

What did that process look like? Did you have to figure out something else for power until you got your unit back?

mjt82

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They replaced the bad board and sent it back in very fast(3days). I had an extra eb8 I bought off a member here that I used until my unit came back.

Good to hear - I have an extra EB8 that I’ll use until I figure out what’s going on with this one! Thanks for the replies!

OceanDiver

DEEPBLUE CURATOR
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This literally happened to me today. Buying new EB832 at local fish store when I land. Of I was in Texas when this happen. Luckily my neighbors put in my spare heaters.... tank holding at 70. Worried but should be fixed after only 18hours

Saltyanimals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Found this post in my research for an Apex problem. +1. Did all the resets, unplugs, etc. I can turn on/off the outlets via Fusion and see the indicator light turn on/off, but just won't supply power to any outlets.

Akersta

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you try the small circuit breaker on the back of the 832? Press in to reset I believe.

Saltyanimals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you try the small circuit breaker on the back of the 832? Press in to reset I believe.
Yup. Tried that mini breaker, removed from fusion and readd. Update firmware etc. still no power to the outlets. Anyone know if these are self serviceable to keep one around as a backup instead of to the trash ?

Back