Eb832 not supplying power

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

joaocdestro

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the fix!! just change a low quality 12v power supply inside EB

gobble

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Add me to the list of failed EB832's.

Did I mention everything Neptune makes is crap! I'm waiting for my DOS to come back from repair and have already had my DDR repaired but it broke a second time.

OceanDiver

DEEPBLUE CURATOR
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Add me to the list of failed EB832's.

Did I mention everything Neptune makes is crap! I'm waiting for my DOS to come back from repair and have already had my DDR repaired but it broke a second time.
I think it’s more associated to certain production run. Mine also died (I am one of the first to post back in 2020) but the newer from 2021 and 2022 have had no issues what so ever.

Koigula

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am long term hobbyiest and these types of gear driven discussions are bit painful and most learn hard way or quietly leave hobby, I got an EB832 DOA and Neptune promptly replaced, then I promptly sold as new on ebay and aquired a spare EB8 (last gen). They are rock solid and good for 5+ years. I could not stomache gambling grown out efflo colonies and shipped products with known serial defects. Customer service should not be a stop gap for selling known ticking time bomb defects..This does not advance hobby or increase availability of sturdy aquaculture frags locally or by mail order. The same goes for most hobby grade power supplies and wall warts.

Ill fix for 50 is a horrid solution. It is called chasing lost dollars. Hate to be harsh here but it is truth if you want long term success. Less is more with monitoring. You are not around your tank 98% of the time and are trusting your livestock to hobby driven gear that is feature drivien instead of longevity driven. A Puhls din rail power supply with surge protection lasts a decade. They are inexpensive in new used market. Buy a spare of these instead of more hobby grade gear!!

I am obviously not on instagram getting hundreds f likes. I am more in trenches indoor gardening best wish and more success!

gobble

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Big thanks to tapeworm123 for getting me fixed quickly. It's nice to have him local.

And thanks neptune for making the lives of all my animals dependent on a $2 chinese part. I've said it many times, besides your controllers all the stuff you make is utter crap.

Koigula

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hate to state the obvious but the old EB8 was a workhorse and keeps goign for years if dry and cool. EB832 is like trying to turn turn a ***** into a house wife.

The absolute core of the system should not be reef junk nor be accepted. The problem could be fixed but it is simply not!! The hobbyist need to call out BS like it is. This device has destroyed more reef tanks than imaginable.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 38 47.5%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 42 52.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 16 20.0%
  • None.

Votes: 21 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 10.0%
Back