!!!ECLECTIC REEFER MACROS, GUESS RIGHT AND YOU WIN BATTLECORALS!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
In grade school there was this paper we got once a week, called the “weekly reader”. It was a little two or three page pamphlet, mostly intended to build reading skills. There was a short article or two and maybe story that we’d all read aloud, each taking turns on a paragraph or two, or three. It was always a nice break from the usual classroom formalities, but what I looked forward to the most was on the very back page. Every week, eight new “extremely close up photographs” would be waiting for us to examine and figure out what the heck they were. I’ll admit I was very good figuring them out, and would alway skip right to the back page every time, and begin to solve them immediately.

A pencil tip, a bike spoke, a single thorn on a rose stalk, no problem at all. Easy stuff. Sometimes there was one or two that stumped us all but not that often. Well now it’s your turn! Instead of the simple gratification of solving the picture as a reward, I am going to go a little bit farther and give away some Battlecorals to whoever guesses right!

Now, because I’ve got some actual stakes here, there are going to have to be a few rules, so here’s what I’m thinking.

The first person to get every one correct, will receive a free Battlebox worth 300.00. Figure around 8-10 frags.

The second place winner will receive a 100.00 four piece battlebox.

3rd, 4th, and 5th, will all receive a 50.00 gift credit that can be used for anything on the site anytime.

So, in an effort not to give the answers away, I’d like you to PM me with your solutions, rather than post them here for all to see, then make a short post here in this thread simply mentioning that you’ve sent me your answers. That will solidify your place in the ranks. If you have them all correct, you win!

You guys are free to work together in teams and can brainstorm all you want here in the thread. More posts the better.

The only catch is that I need you to be really specific. Broad brush answers may not cut it, so if you think you know what you’re looking at, you may want to research a little and make sure you have it with bells on before you send me your answers.

For example, if you are thinking you want to say “acropora” for the pic below, I’m afraid I’ll need a little more info than that. Now the good news is that I’d never expect the masses to be able to positively identify this as an ATL original Raspberry Lemonade, but I want you to apply the same logic to the contest pics. Be as specific as possible. Details definitely matter.

IMG_9989_zpstjcg3axm.jpg

First person to guess all 18 wins. Good luck!

view larger pic or click on pic below

https://www.facebook.com/resuscitat...163079471632/1900239686963966/?type=3&theater

Last edited:

swk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
#11 is firmly cemented in my brain from replacing them constantly in my dimable fixture lol.

That is an ATI t5 ballast wire connection area.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Wow! These are tough, Adam!

KJoFan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
18 pictures...we only have to correctly guess 16 of them? :)

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Are these all reef related or is it possible for one to be like a bike wheel or something! Lol

Yep 100% reef related. No tricks going on there. And I have feeling there will be a lot of hands to the forehead when I finally reveal the full pics:)

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
If we get to the point where you guys could use a hint or two, I'll gladly start revealing them one at a time.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 31 29.2%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 28 26.4%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 24 22.6%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 23 21.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back