Ecotech Battery Backup

  • Thread starter Thread starter pREEFERed
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

pREEFERed

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 22, 2014
Messages
29
Reaction score
12
Location
Bay Area
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 mp10QDwes connected to my battery, when I attempt to test the battery the vortech LEDs are dimly lit red and the propellers arent spinning on either pump... does this mean my battery is low of charge or is there another issue?

I have unplugged the mp10s from the battery but left the battery plugged into the wall, in hopes to charge the battery, but unsure if this will even help... has anyone else ran into this issue? any input would be greatly appreciated...
 
I purchased two of those battery a few years ago, and they both kicked the bucket much faster than I would have expected. One of them appeared to have been defective from day one (the wiring was wonky), but they're so dang heavy there was no way I was going to ship it back to Ecotech, figuring I'd get stuck with the bill. Now I have a Honda generator (that is dependable and actually works).
 
I always thought,,, that red light will turn green when the battery is charged ,,, then you plug you equipment into it,,, I just replaced both my Eco Tech Battery Back up batteries with Amazon Batteries ,,,
 
I have 2 mp10QDwes connected to my battery, when I attempt to test the battery the vortech LEDs are dimly lit red and the propellers arent spinning on either pump... does this mean my battery is low of charge or is there another issue?

I have unplugged the mp10s from the battery but left the battery plugged into the wall, in hopes to charge the battery, but unsure if this will even help... has anyone else ran into this issue? any input would be greatly appreciated...
The battery isn’t charging. Mine needed replaced after a couple years. Even though they might not be used often, they die.
 
I test mine monthly for a couple hours. Mine are roughly 2.5 years old. Still going strong.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 4 17.4%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 4 17.4%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new