Ecotech Battery Backup

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

pREEFERed

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 mp10QDwes connected to my battery, when I attempt to test the battery the vortech LEDs are dimly lit red and the propellers arent spinning on either pump... does this mean my battery is low of charge or is there another issue?

I have unplugged the mp10s from the battery but left the battery plugged into the wall, in hopes to charge the battery, but unsure if this will even help... has anyone else ran into this issue? any input would be greatly appreciated...

Vaughn17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased two of those battery a few years ago, and they both kicked the bucket much faster than I would have expected. One of them appeared to have been defective from day one (the wiring was wonky), but they're so dang heavy there was no way I was going to ship it back to Ecotech, figuring I'd get stuck with the bill. Now I have a Honda generator (that is dependable and actually works).

Braves Fan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I always thought,,, that red light will turn green when the battery is charged ,,, then you plug you equipment into it,,, I just replaced both my Eco Tech Battery Back up batteries with Amazon Batteries ,,,

DHill6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 mp10QDwes connected to my battery, when I attempt to test the battery the vortech LEDs are dimly lit red and the propellers arent spinning on either pump... does this mean my battery is low of charge or is there another issue?

I have unplugged the mp10s from the battery but left the battery plugged into the wall, in hopes to charge the battery, but unsure if this will even help... has anyone else ran into this issue? any input would be greatly appreciated...
The battery isn’t charging. Mine needed replaced after a couple years. Even though they might not be used often, they die.

Highgrade

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I test mine monthly for a couple hours. Mine are roughly 2.5 years old. Still going strong.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 104 75.9%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 10.9%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back