Ecotech joins BRS as a sister company..

tharbin

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it’s a good thing it would it will breed innovation and cross platform integration
I'm not sure I consider that a good thing. I really don't want all of my gear to work with Neptune and eventually "require" Neptune for full functionality. Will it happen? Who knows.

I liked where Mobius was going. I have nothing against Neptune but I'm not an all-my-eggs-in-one-basket kind of guy.

JNalley

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man, I'm kind of torn by this... On the one hand, both the Apex and GHL systems need more interoperability with more brands, but on the other, brands need autonomy. I'm trying to figure out why people don't just create tech partnerships and work together to build an ecosystem rather than go for company acquisitions which lead to stagnation and lack of diversity in the market.

Prince23

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I called BRS this mourning to discuss Flow pumps, particularly the MP40. I was told the BRS, as of today, owns Ecotech Marine.

First question I though of is that since BRS also own Neptune are they gonna make them play nice together and let Apex control the lights and pumps again. I got a "not sure what the future will be with that"

interesting news
This is totally wrong my friend BRS does not own echo tech marine. Total propaganda!!!

Prince23

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nobody's calling you a liar but the game is telephone exists and there have been dozens of incorrect posts saying xyz bought PDQ. It really means nothing until the companies release it.
Company’s won’t release it because it’s not the truth!! It’s total propaganda echo tech is worth 10 times and I’m probably wrong because it’s more!! But brs has nothing on echo tech!!! It would be the other way around!! Stocks don’t lie!!

Prince23

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Companies invest in things like new warehouses and expansion of capacity in order to raise their value and make an acquition for the founders, investors more valuable to the investment group.
at the end its Bertram Capital that would be buying them
does not mean they were bought out of bankruptcy

but i too would like to see the press release

have too many eco tech products and i too have had very variable customer service support
Bro I like you. intelligence is bliss

JNalley

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Company’s won’t release it because it’s not the truth!! It’s total propaganda echo tech is worth 10 times and I’m probably wrong because it’s more!! But brs has nothing on echo tech!!! It would be the other way around!! Stocks don’t lie!!
Bertram (The company that owns BRS) bought EcoTech. It has already been announced by EcoTech themselves: https://ecotechmarine.com/company-news

Bertram is the same company that bought BRS and Neptune Systems Earlier this year.

Prince23

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bertram (The company that owns BRS) bought EcoTech. It has already been announced by EcoTech themselves: https://ecotechmarine.com/company-news

Bertram is the same company that bought BRS and

Bertram is the same company that bought BRS and Neptune Systems Earlier this year.
Which would be Ai/ because ai and echo tech are the same.

Contrary to inaccurate rumors Bulk Reef Supply DID NOT purchase EcoTech Marine – the real nature of the new union is more nuanced and intentionally structured than those few words would lead you to believe, but the tl:dr is that yes all of these major players are essentially on the same team.Nov. 2, 2021 so I say again my friend wrong!!! That and I would have gotten an email as I spend over 100k in lighting a year. I’m sponsored by hLG and a few others because of the work I do. Don’t believe the crap!! Echo tech is the champ of lighting in the marine world :).

Prince23

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Contrary to inaccurate rumors Bulk Reef Supply DID NOT purchase EcoTech Marine – the real nature of the new union is more nuanced and intentionally structured than those few words would lead you to believe, but the tl:dr is that yes all of these major players are essentially on the same team.Nov. 2, 2021 so I say again my friend wrong!!! That and I would have gotten an email as I spend over 100k in lighting a year. I’m sponsored by hLG and a few others because of the work I do. Don’t believe the crap!! Echo tech is the champ of lighting in the marine world :).
Call them influencers of one another

JNalley

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Don't believe something that is posted on EcoTechs own website? ok... (Circled in red at the top)
1637456917370.png

EcoTech and AI merged, they maintain separate brands and manufacturing, though they are one company, not Bertram. Bertram A SEPARATE ENTITY, bought BRS earlier this year, Neptune and BRS merged, and now Bertram have purchased EcoTech (and by default AI).

So, sorry you didn't get an E-mail that they were bought...

Last edited:

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wonder what is really going on.
Did they just buy stock in Ecotech but don't have controlling shares? Did they lend Ecotech Money in exchange for some sort of control in how the company operates? Did they outright buy Ecotech but were advised not to make a direct statement for fear that it would spook Ecotech loyalists?

I am pretty sure that whatever is going on it involves the merging of Neptune and Ecotech components into one platform. I see Sky Lights going Bye Bye as well as Neptune's Pumps. I see full integration of Ecotechs product into the Apexs system. Most likely any hardware based Controller Ecotech was developing will now be backward compatible with the Apex accessories.

JNalley

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wonder what is really going on.
Did they just buy stock in Ecotech but don't have controlling shares? Did they lend Ecotech Money in exchange for some sort of control in how the company operates? Did they outright buy Ecotech but were advised not to make a direct statement for fear that it would spook Ecotech loyalists?

I am pretty sure that whatever is going on it involves the merging of Neptune and Ecotech components into one platform. I see Sky Lights going Bye Bye as well as Neptune's Pumps. I see full integration of Ecotechs product into the Apexs system. Most likely any hardware based Controller Ecotech was developing will now be backward compatible with the Apex accessories.
EcoTech has it on their company-news page so I doubt it's because no one wants to spook loyalists. Bertram (the company that owns BRS/Neptune) purchased them, pretty sure it's a controlling shares situation, but it's not been confirmed. EcoTech is referring to Bertram as its "Parent Company" on their website so it is at the very least controlling shares if not in its entirety. Bertram seems to have a penchant for buying companies and not changing a whole lot it seems. Their portfolio is quite diverse. See here: https://www.bertramcapital.com/portfolio

As of yet, EcoTech is not listed there, but EcoTech HAS posted the information on the company-news page, so pretty sure it's legit.

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bought, merged, partnered, joint business relationship…they are all different ways of structuring and saying the same thing.

I think the bigger thing we should be worrying about is the actual problem. I am not sure if you noticed in the give aways, but all of the gifts seem to be donated and not actually from BRS. These are definitely bribes coming from vendors to stay in BRS good graces. Given other merchants are not getting the same thing… do you think they are going to survive if everyone is buying everything from BRS in hopes of scoring a random giveaway. This is another variation on monopolistic practices to kill competition and most of us are willing participants. I wouldn’t be surprised if one or two of the other players don’t go under in January.

Making themselves at home: Have you intentionally done anything in your aquarium to enhance the natural behavior of your fish?

• I planned my tank to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 21 26.9%
  • I did some things to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 27 34.6%
  • Anything that encourages natural fish behavior was a byproduct of the aquascaping.

Votes: 16 20.5%
  • I did not do anything to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 11 14.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.8%
Back