EcoTech Quiet Drive MP10 Installed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

RandoReefer

RandyBRS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, the only thing new about these mp10s are the drivers? I purchased new dry sides for my mp10 about 2yrs ago and they look just like the new ones with rubber matte finish.

Good question Reefltx ! Let me ask on the PTT group, right now. I must have some older MP10s (bought second hand) that don't look anything near what the new style does.

No it does not. The upgrade is $50 but if you want it to be wireless it'll cost another $45.

Thanks NanaReefer ! Just made it back from ReefStock so I've been behind keeping up with a couple of these threads. :)

I have a non wireless mp10es does upgrading to the quiet drive make it wireless?

Yes, you will have to purchase the RF chip for the wireless capability..... Do you have, or were you thinking of getting a ReefLink and running your pumps through EcoSmart Live?

Here's a link to the MP10 upgrade store on EcoTech Marine. You'll see the $45 price difference between non-"w" and "w". Upgrades « EcoTech Marine Store

Reefltx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good question Reefltx ! Let me ask on the PTT group, right now. I must have some older MP10s (bought second hand) that don't look anything near what the new style does.

Thanks NanaReefer ! Just made it back from ReefStock so I've been behind keeping up with a couple of these threads. :)

Yes, you will have to purchase the RF chip for the wireless capability..... Do you have, or were you thinking of getting a ReefLink and running your pumps through EcoSmart Live?

Here's a link to the MP10 upgrade store on EcoTech Marine. You'll see the $45 price difference between non-"w" and "w". Upgrades « EcoTech Marine Store

I must have the new style. I switched both my blue box drivers to Eco smart wireless then bought new dry sides which came in all black matte finish. But, this was nearly 2yrs ago, so they must have been planning the upgrade or in production since then.

RandoReefer

RandyBRS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I must have the new style. I switched both my blue box drivers to Eco smart wireless then bought new dry sides which came in all black matte finish. But, this was nearly 2yrs ago, so they must have been planning the upgrade or in production since then.

Hey Reefltx , it looks like the answer is yes. The MP10QD and MP10wQD includes the improved Wet-Side and the new QD Driver. The "old" Dry-Side remains the same (matte black finish), although it's the QuietDrive technology that greatly reduces noise of the MP10ES and MP10wES. It also receives a slight increase in the amount of flow with the new technology.

After 8yrs of a solid product, I wouldn't be surprised if the QuietDrive was in the works back when you bought your replacements. If so, they did a bang-up job of keeping it under wraps! ;)

925del

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, l have question... I currently have 2 wireless mp10's and considering the QuietDrive upgrade. Can swap in my current RF chips to make these wireless too? Thanks!

RandoReefer

RandyBRS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can pre order now. Retailers will be receiving them any day now.

Thanks Maria!

Yep, according to the EcoTech Face Book page yesterday, they already started shipping to U.S. retailers and distributors!! Although, it's only the full QuietDrive sets. The upgrades will be available a bit later.

Shep

Acan Connoisseur
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So this is kind of a dumb question but is there a difference between buying an mp10 and upgrading it vs. buying the mp10qd?

OP
OP
Reef4you

Reef4you

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So this is kind of a dumb question but is there a difference between buying an mp10 and upgrading it vs. buying the mp10qd?

Correct you do not need to buy a new pump. You can simply upgrade the driver on your MP10w to the new QD.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 74 51.4%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 73 50.7%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.0%
  • None.

Votes: 32 22.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.3%
Back