Ecotech Radion G6?

Bpb

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know people who keep waiting their whole life. When G6 comes out, they will wait till the price drops, and when the price finally drops it's "mmm, i wait for the G7".

It is a funny conundrum people find themselves in.

I need to upgrade but I don’t want to buy the old ones because we are due for a generation update.

Can’t buy a new gen unit right out the gate. There will be bugs and problems. Wait a few manufacturing cycles for the kinks to be worked out

Shoot…this light has been out a year or more…but based on their release schedule, a new generation may be released next year. Better wait

Rinse and repeat

Shadows Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AA2703EF-4040-4E00-8822-26680E85F241.png

Pntbll687

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
About to get my G5 upgrade from the AI prime. Maybe I should wait for G6…
Just go for the G5. They are awesome lights, and get them now before the G6, because the G6 will more than likely be listed over $1,000, probably somewhere in the $1200 range if I had to bet on it.

OP
OP
NEFFx

NEFFx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lmk if anyone wants to sell their G5 with upgraded cluster . Too soon? I’ll just keep buying g4 pros till I don’t see any shadows.

I generally wait till lights are $400. Though I’ve been sitting on these like new Orphek Atlantics for a year cause I don’t like them and I guess no one else does cause I can’t sell them.

OP
OP
NEFFx

NEFFx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just go for the G5. They are awesome lights, and get them now before the G6, because the G6 will more than likely be listed over $1,000, probably somewhere in the $1200 range if I had to bet on it.
All radions come out about $700-800 since G1. If they are backwards compatible to G5 I can’t imagine the price will be any different. And that’s also why I saw the radions %15 off recently.

Pntbll687

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lmk if anyone wants to sell their G5 with upgraded cluster . Too soon? I’ll just keep buying g4 pros till I don’t see any shadows.

I generally wait till lights are $400. Though I’ve been sitting on these like new Orphek Atlantics for a year cause I don’t like them and I guess no one else does cause I can’t sell them.
I'm in the same boat as you.

I waited for a deal and got 5 kessil 360we with controller for $500. They still work, and grow coral and have all the features I want.

Look for a aquatic life hybrid unit to add some T5 and get rid of the shadows

Pntbll687

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All radions come out about $700-800 since G1. If they are backwards compatible to G5 I can’t imagine the price will be any different. And that’s also why I saw the radions %15 off recently.
Radion XR30's are listed at $949

On sale, they are "down" to $807. Ecotech had 3 price increases last year. The sale running now is to get g5 product out before g6 starts ramping up, it also happened right after a price increase to make it look like the price increase happened later than it did.

Ecotech has had (I believe) 3 retail price increases in the past 12 months, I don't see the price holding for long after G6 comes out. On the optimistic end, G6 comes out and is priced at $949 but will probably be $979, and then by the end of the year will be $999 or $1,049.

Patientman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would want Mobious to STAY connected and NOT have to reboot devices every time I open it or move 2 feet away from my tank! The controllability is nice, fairly easy to understand and program … just get back wi-fi and dump the short range blue tooth!

Pntbll687

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used to be one of those people, so is pretty much everyone in my family, now I see most people upgrade every 3-4 years.
Agreed! Back when you could trade in your phone for decent value, or switch carriers and get a phone for free, I would switch every year or two. Now I'm every 3-4 as well.

Bpb

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed! Back when you could trade in your phone for decent value, or switch carriers and get a phone for free, I would switch every year or two. Now I'm every 3-4 as well.

Same. When it was a free upgrade every 2 years, sure I upgraded every time I could. Why wouldn’t you? Now that all carriers got rid of that and we pay full retail, I use a phone until it no longer works at all

trietnguyen000

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same. When it was a free upgrade every 2 years, sure I upgraded every time I could. Why wouldn’t you? Now that all carriers got rid of that and we pay full retail, I use a phone until it no longer works at all
Sad thing is I’m upgrading my lights a lot more frequent than my phone…

neonreef3d

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
no need to upgrade, just add some strips front and back side,, Ive seen the quanta pro's that my friend @minus9 has on his halide setup, and they are really nice!! running the G4 LEDS is fine, just add some strips, and your all good, especially if you have a sps tank.

here is what I mean,,,, check out the build...

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well it is nice they give you the option to upgrade the led cluster. Idk if it is really needed.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 69 52.7%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 68 51.9%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back