Ecotech Radion Gen 3 vs G4

Discussion in 'EcoTech Marine' started by shiftline, Oct 9, 2017.

1. shiftline

shiftline Active Member

Something magical happened and i Upgraded my Ecotech Marine Xr15 Gen 3's to Gen 4's
    So what better time to do a side by side comparison and share my initial thoughts on the 2 generations of lighting

I plan on doing some more indepth comparisons once i can fully par test it but heres my first look/impressions.

2. junkycosmos

junkycosmos Member

How is the noise level ?

3. pecan2phat

pecan2phat Well-Known Member

Noise level is low to nonexistent because the fan in the XR15s are temperature controlled, meaning that they shut down unlike the XR30s.

4. Rakie

Rakie Federal Coral Reserve R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Build Thread Contributor Reef Tank 365

You know -- I've gotta say that the G3 looks better than the G4 as far as "Bulb color" for lack of a better term.. The G4 just looks purple to my eye, no matter what. The G3 didn't have that overwhelming purple tint.

5. iTread

iTread Member

Is it worth it to upgrade from Gen 2 Pro to Gen 4? I am still a bit new to the hobby and am wondering how " much bettter" it's going to be? I have a mixed reef tank with a decent amount of small sps frags.

Caseyoidae likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted