Ecotech Radion Gen 3 vs G4

shiftline

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 14, 2015
Messages
462
Reaction score
397
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Something magical happened and i Upgraded my Ecotech Marine Xr15 Gen 3's to Gen 4's
So what better time to do a side by side comparison and share my initial thoughts on the 2 generations of lighting

I plan on doing some more indepth comparisons once i can fully par test it but heres my first look/impressions.
 
Noise level is low to nonexistent because the fan in the XR15s are temperature controlled, meaning that they shut down unlike the XR30s.
 
You know -- I've gotta say that the G3 looks better than the G4 as far as "Bulb color" for lack of a better term.. The G4 just looks purple to my eye, no matter what. The G3 didn't have that overwhelming purple tint.
 
Is it worth it to upgrade from Gen 2 Pro to Gen 4? I am still a bit new to the hobby and am wondering how " much bettter" it's going to be? I have a mixed reef tank with a decent amount of small sps frags.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new