Ecotech Vecrtra S1 vs. Syncra SDC 6.0 Wifi return pump

chanson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking to buy a new pump. Looking for something really quiet and realiable which one would you choose?? Going on a 73g (91 total) aquarium.

Phil D.

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the Vectra S1 installed in my Red Sea E-260 and like it a lot. I have the gate valve set in one spot and use the speed control on the driver to adjust the water level in the rear weir. If you have other Ecotech devices, you can use their reeflink to connect all of them.

MentalNote

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a similar size tank with a Vectra L1. It hasn't missed a beat since I bought it in June 2016. I keep it at the lowest setting, so a S1 is likely enough for you, but perhaps keeping the power so low has helped with my longevity? I don't know.

Also, with the current sale, I would look hard at the COR-20 for the same price as the S1. It's a stand-alone pump and doesn't require an Apex connection. I like to keep my returns on a dedicated outlet. Reviews of the COR-20 are also generally very strong. I almost bought one for a redundant return pump, but plumbed in a spare Jebao DCT 4000 instead (It was a backup pump for my skimmer.)

jd371

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had the S1 on my 85g (total) for a little over a year now with no issues. Only complaint is I don't know if it has been corrected since I bought mine but the threads on the pump are British standard and if you plan on plumbing it with PVC you'll need an adapter like this https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/vectra-m1-bsp-to-sch-40-slip-adapter-kit-ecotech-marine.html.
The funny thing is the collar that comes with the pump also slips and you'll need to use a lot of teflon tape to make it more secure. That's what I used when I first set it up but didn't like with a little wiggling it would work itself loose so I went with the adapter PVC route instead.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 38 47.5%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 42 52.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 16 20.0%
  • None.

Votes: 21 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 10.0%
Back