Ecotech Versa Instructions

mpatient

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally scored the 2 Ecotech Versa pumps I have been waiting on forever. I am loyal to Ecotech, but they have got to do better with instruction manuals. The included manual and ease of set-up on Mobius is rubbish. I know how to connect plugs, but I need a step by step on calibration and setting schedules. Can someone point me to a YouTube video or forum post that covers this? I have not been able to track one down. I am looking forward to getting these running, but for the money, I expect a Versa for Dummies manual to be included.

dank reefer

IG: dankreefer_IG
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you tried following this guide?

OP
OP
mpatient

mpatient

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for so much for your reply. Yes, the site was the first place I looked, and this is the absolute basic of instructions. I have attempted this several times with no luck. After scouring the internet, I have at least gotten a schedule programmed in. I am fairly tech literate and can learn almost anything, but there are huge gaps in the instruction. Seems to be a common complaint. I will get it eventually, but what a pain having to comb the web to find answers .

srobertb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for so much for your reply. Yes, the site was the first place I looked, and this is the absolute basic of instructions. I have attempted this several times with no luck. After scouring the internet, I have at least gotten a schedule programmed in. I am fairly tech literate and can learn almost anything, but there are huge gaps in the instruction. Seems to be a common complaint. I will get it eventually, but what a pain having to comb the web to find answers .
All I can do is offer my empathy. I had a difficult time setting it up too. The software is annoying. It’s a return pump so I don’t know why I couldn’t just pick a speed and have it run continuously. Why is the default a schedule? Who decided “thing that just needs to run continuously” needed to be so complicated

To make matters worse it never quieted down and had to be cleaned constantly.

It went away right after my MP40’s (which weren’t enough for my long tank). I replaced it with a COR and haven’t looked back.

The ecotech mixes saltwater for me now. I just put it on a wifi timer and it comes on and off as needed.

I know this isn’t helpful but I feel your pain.

DHill6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed. Also new to me, I reset it a few times. Scheduling on the slide rule is very touchy. They should make it easy, input time what you want done, move on to input another time what you want there etc.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.0%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back