Ecotech versa question

arafas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello, does anybody know what error code means : min rate exceeded on one of the versa modules. I have the 4 pack one. I don't see any adverse effect still does its dosing. Just curious before I am able to call ecotech on my day off.

mike550

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, does anybody know what error code means : min rate exceeded on one of the versa modules. I have the 4 pack one. I don't see any adverse effect still does its dosing. Just curious before I am able to call ecotech on my day off.
I have the Versas and always understood that to mean that your flow rate is too low / slow for the doser. Shorten your dosing time and this error should go away

OP
OP
A

arafas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have the Versas and always understood that to mean that your flow rate is too low / slow for the doser. Shorten your dosing time and this error should go away
Weird that its only one unit out of 4. I dose equal a mount of 2 part and 2nd pump doesn't have that problem. Also another doser does acropora same min rate flow and no issues either.

OP
OP
A

arafas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Min shows from there page 0.5ul a minute. So not sure how I am exceeding the min. I think mine said 0.03ml a minute.

Screenshot_2023-03-22-12-18-31-88_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

OP
OP
A

arafas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I think this is more of a computing error. Although I'm not certain how it fits.

If you can provide your schedule for the one in question and the schedule from one with similar programming to compare.
OK when I get home I will attach the pictures. I am going to call ecotech shortly to question this to them

OP
OP
A

arafas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I talked to them, they since I am running continuous and my schedule starts at midnight to adjust 15min either direction and see if it helps.

OP
OP
A

arafas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Wait, you're running continuous at 0.03ml/min? Are you shutting the power off with a timer of some sort (apex, ghl)?
Versa doses 2 part continuously. I run from midnight till about 11am 20ml and I run from 11am to midnight about 28ml. Since there is more consumption during the day. Versa can run continuously. Once it finishes the schedule it will start the other schedule.

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm still confused, are you running a custom schedule? Or a continuous schedule?

What I mean is mobius has 3 options smart, custom or continuous. It sounds like you're using custom and calling it continuous.

Continuous doesn't allow you to set dosing times. And if you're in fact running a custom program to stay on for long durations of time, it makes sense as to why you're getting that error. It is indeed a computing error because of such a long (on time) dose.

I'd be curious to know if by setting the schedule 15 minutes +/- from midnight fixes the issue. I personally don't think it will, but like to be proven wrong.

OP
OP
A

arafas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm still confused, are you running a custom schedule? Or a continuous schedule?

What I mean is mobius has 3 options smart, custom or continuous. It sounds like you're using custom and calling it continuous.

Continuous doesn't allow you to set dosing times. And if you're in fact running a custom program to stay on for long durations of time, it makes sense as to why you're getting that error. It is indeed a computing error because of such a long (on time) dose.

I'd be curious to know if by setting the schedule 15 minutes +/- from midnight fixes the issue. I personally don't think it will, but like to be proven wrong.
Sorry yes custom. I will let you know just changed it. Let's see, only Alk has that issue not calcium, but equal parts dosed.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-03-23-21-05-52-21_8b2ec6b1ef097ee8d61df89b5b8d84b9.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-03-23-21-05-52-21_8b2ec6b1ef097ee8d61df89b5b8d84b9.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 32
  • Screenshot_2023-03-23-21-05-43-08_8b2ec6b1ef097ee8d61df89b5b8d84b9.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-03-23-21-05-43-08_8b2ec6b1ef097ee8d61df89b5b8d84b9.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 23

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did something similar a few years back, trying to make the versa smarter and have various "continuous" rates in Custom Mode. But it had similar results. It boils down to how the processor calculates dosing in custom vs continuous. The math is much easier for continuous. But in custom mode the number it calculated is so big that it can't compute.

OP
OP
A

arafas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I did something similar a few years back, trying to make the versa smarter and have various "continuous" rates in Custom Mode. But it had similar results. It boils down to how the processor calculates dosing in custom vs continuous. The math is much easier for continuous. But in custom mode the number it calculated is so big that it can't compute.
Hmm that's interesting. Make sense.

Derrick0580

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally I am on my 3rd versa in roughly a year only feeding rodi from my top off to an icecap kalk stirrer, so nothing to gum it up. I’m fed up with all of ecotech’s junk equipment. I shouldn’t have to power cycle their stuff every time I want to make adjustments in mobius. I have already made the decision to switch brands as each ecotech item bites the dust. Tired of feeding the monster that is bertram capitol. They are basically monopolizing our hobby and flooding it with subpar equipment!

Sean Clark

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally I am on my 3rd versa in roughly a year only feeding rodi from my top off to an icecap kalk stirrer, so nothing to gum it up. I’m fed up with all of ecotech’s junk equipment. I shouldn’t have to power cycle their stuff every time I want to make adjustments in mobius. I have already made the decision to switch brands as each ecotech item bites the dust. Tired of feeding the monster that is bertram capitol. They are basically monopolizing our hobby and flooding it with subpar equipment!
I was with you 100% until the Bertram Capital part... Ecotech has been hot garbage long before BC got involved.

OP
OP
A

arafas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ye was having a lot of issues like you mentioned they literally just changed my 4 lights because of that. So ehat I understand one piece of equipment can cause havoc for connectivity. Now I am habing issue where I can push my radion passed 85% intensity the power supplies will overheat and shut off and I would have to switch of the wifi ports that they are connected too. They told me to buy new power supplies. I am like dude they 90$ a piece lol. Being an Electrical engineer I just don't understand how they didn't test there product for max output until release of product or other stuff. Its unacceptable.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 12 8.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 46 34.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 44 32.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 23.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back