Ecotech Vortech Nutrient Transport Mode

Steve2020

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ever since I added fish to my tank a year ago I have been running Nutrient Transport Mode after the last fish feeding in the evening. Works great and keeps the sand and landscape nice and clean. I run it for 2.5hrs so I reap the benefits of the complete cycle. I run 2.5hrs because if I am reading it correctly from the Ecotech documentation, a complete cycle takes 2.5hrs. I am confused when I read other post where fellow reefers are running Nutrient Transport to stir up detritus at a far less time. Some examples only running for a half hour which from what I understand would only be the first expanding pulse portion of the cycle. So my question is am I not understanding how the complete cycle works? Running 2 MP60's and 2 MP40's but only running the MP60's during Nutrient transport due to my MP40's are low in the tank and create to much sand disturbance.

WVNed

The fish are staring at me with hungry eyes.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If what you are doing works for you I wouldn't worry about it.
or add the MP 40 into the group as Ecosmart back pumps and run them at some percentage lower than the ones on the side so they don't blow stuff around.
I run nutrient transport mode overnight in my tank.

OP
OP
Steve2020

Steve2020

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the reply WVNed. I may do that with the MP40's but wright now I have them running in their own group running reef crest. So is a complete cycle 150mins or 75mins if only running the 2 MP60's Master/Slave? If I run all 4 with MP40's set to Ecosmart Back then according to documentation a complete cycle would be 150mins?

WVNed

The fish are staring at me with hungry eyes.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have no idea. A quick scan of the net says 1 cycle is 150 minutes.
I run it from 10 pm to 4 am.
I dont think the cycle length has anything to do with the number of pumps you use. It is a fixed flow pattern of expanding pulses followed by a strong constant flow over a set period of time. More pumps doesn't change the pattern or time.

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run nutrient transport mode for around 9 hours from midnight until 9am in both my tanks and it works very well and keeping the rockwork etc clean of build up.

In the big tank that’s 2 MP60’s and an MP40 centre

Back