Ectotech L2 Leaking TDLR: leaking at oring no matter what

BrokeBudgetReef

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 5, 2023
Messages
103
Reaction score
28
Location
Adairsville, Georgia
What state or country do you live in
Georgia
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hello everyone,

So today I took my L2 apart for a deep clean and now for the life of me I cannot get the pump face and the motor to seal. Is there a trick out there I should know? I have had to place this on my tank and remove it a fair 6-7 times. My back can't handle much more lol.
 
Hello everyone,

So today I took my L2 apart for a deep clean and now for the life of me I cannot get the pump face and the motor to seal. Is there a trick out there I should know? I have had to place this on my tank and remove it a fair 6-7 times. My back can't handle much more lol.
you can try lubricating the oring with some food grade silicone lube.
Molykote 111 is my choice.
 
Any nicks or damage to the suface or oinches in the oring
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 5 38.5%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 23.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new