Editing a Post

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My friends, I've been on the internet pretty much it's entire modern existence and I have never come across a forum that you couldn't edit a post without paying a fee... I don't know about all the marine forums though. However, both reef central and nano reef certaintly do not make you do that and of course reefcentral is huge.

Come on guys. Editing a post after an hour costs money? Don't tell me this is common.

You are welcome to your opinion of course and we're happy to have you here. Reef Central does not allow you to edit your post at all, supporting member or not. Not sure about NR.

This isn't about money as in the beginning we didn't even allow supporting members the ability to edit posts indefinitely. The reason we didn't was we didn't want people editing out information if they got upset about something and decided to leave the forum. Content is what we value above all else. Later on we felt we could let supporting members because they might be a little more vested in the community and not take a drastic action like that. Now of course with better software it's easy for us to undelete anything that gets deleted.

I will take your concern up with the rest of the team and we'll revisit this topic.

Thank you.

Hans Solo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nano reef definitely does but I see now RC does not. Sorry I was wrong about that, but it seems that is also an outlier from my experience.

I would appreciate you taking up the concern, maybe not even for my complaint about money, that is my bad for calling you out on that, but for your reasoning in your last post... honestly I think the amount of people editing out information for getting upset/maliciousness/some sort of "emotion" is probably the minority of reasons people edit. I do it for 1. spelling, 2. clarify what I say, a lot of people don't proofread multiple times, and sometimes new things pop up in your head related to that post... and I guess most important 3. is being able to update information in your own threads. I think that's all important to the user experience and maybe also bring up another way to incentivise contributions.. unique or extra things.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Nano reef definitely does but I see now RC does not. Sorry I was wrong about that, but it seems that is also an outlier from my experience.

I would appreciate you taking up the concern, maybe not even for my complaint about money, that is my bad for calling you out on that, but for your reasoning in your last post... honestly I think the amount of people editing out information for getting upset/maliciousness/some sort of "emotion" is probably the minority of reasons people edit. I do it for 1. spelling, 2. clarify what I say, a lot of people don't proofread multiple times, and sometimes new things pop up in your head related to that post... and I guess most important 3. is being able to update information in your own threads. I think that's all important to the user experience and maybe also bring up another way to incentivise contributions.. unique or extra things.

Very valid points and we are discussing this now. Also valid points from others in this thread as well. Sorry I missed some from earlier.

Reef_Tank_Fan_SC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't see where this is a major issue. After I post I proofread it to make sure I correct errors within the alloted time. I am strongly debating becoming a paying member but not because of that reason. I have received a ton of helpful information since I have been here and and if paying a small subscription helps keep us up and going for future reefers as well as constant improvement to the site then I say why not. With that said where do I go to read up on the information regarding getting a subscription?

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I no doubt have a found a great forum for our hobby, but constant improvements also involves pointing out flaws :)

And we all win!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 23.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back